Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The factory horn is anemic. Has anyone swapped out the factory horn for a better one? If so, what did you use?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Upon further inspection, I see a 2nd stud for another horn, but the wiring is only set up for 1. I'm now wondering if I can create a wiring harness that sends the current and ground to 2 horns without messing up the circuit. I guess it's "Trial and Error" time now. Also, I adjusted the screw on the horn to get a little more volume.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Is this your first Japanese vehicle? The pitiful horn found in the Kicks is on par with what you get in any foreign car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Matteo, this not the first. I had an Xterra that the Kicks is replacing and I still have a 2006.5 350Z. Both of those Nissans have good horns. Even my old 1984 Toyota pickup had a better horn from the factory. This one is on par for one of my old motorcycle horns. It really is a poor excuse for a horn.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Upon further inspection, I see a 2nd stud for another horn, but the wiring is only set up for 1. I'm now wondering if I can create a wiring harness that sends the current and ground to 2 horns without messing up the circuit. I guess it's "Trial and Error" time now. Also, I adjusted the screw on the horn to get a little more volume.
Haven't purchased the shop manuals yet ($495???) so how do you get to the horns. Have replace them on other cars in the past but I knew were there where.

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The horn is at the front just behind the support bar that runs across the front that the hood latch is on. The horn is closer to the passenger side (US version). It's very easy to see.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts