Nissan Kicks Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Upon further inspection, I see a 2nd stud for another horn, but the wiring is only set up for 1. I'm now wondering if I can create a wiring harness that sends the current and ground to 2 horns without messing up the circuit. I guess it's "Trial and Error" time now. Also, I adjusted the screw on the horn to get a little more volume.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Matteo, this not the first. I had an Xterra that the Kicks is replacing and I still have a 2006.5 350Z. Both of those Nissans have good horns. Even my old 1984 Toyota pickup had a better horn from the factory. This one is on par for one of my old motorcycle horns. It really is a poor excuse for a horn.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Upon further inspection, I see a 2nd stud for another horn, but the wiring is only set up for 1. I'm now wondering if I can create a wiring harness that sends the current and ground to 2 horns without messing up the circuit. I guess it's "Trial and Error" time now. Also, I adjusted the screw on the horn to get a little more volume.
Haven't purchased the shop manuals yet ($495???) so how do you get to the horns. Have replace them on other cars in the past but I knew were there where.

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just ordered one from my former Subaru dealer. Traded a 2020 Subaru Impreza Sport DD and found that to be 100% better than the horn sound on the 2021 Kicks. That and other issues with the new Kicks but staying on topic... Price was under $20 before military which surprised me. If it works out I'll update with the results review.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.