Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone! New Member! I was wondering how you all may handle the fact that there is a sort of whiteish appearance on the small black plastic parts on the top where the roof racks would be, and the sides of the doors? They dont seem to stay black.... I have a 2020 Kicks SV.... Anyone else have this, is it cheap plastic or do I have a dud? :) Seems the only way to keep it black in between washes is to use a black detailer solution?

Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
28 Posts
It did not look like it to us. We just waxed the whole car or rather sealed it since we were using a sealant. Just wondering how you knew that it was a wrap.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes. I'm just asking how you knew it was a wrap cause it did not look like it to us. We just found out after we were complaining about it looking deteriorated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I see. I saw what you posted about it and figured that's what the problem was. It's hard to tell on my wife's vehicle whether or not it is paint or a wrap, nonetheless I do not apply wax on it for that very reason you said the deal or told you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Oh ok. I should check the manual if they said something about not waxing the black pillars cause it looks like they are not going to fix it under the 3 year bumper to bumper warranty. Nissan has not gotten back to us still.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Followed up on it with my Nissan dealer and they asked me to call Nissan corporate. If anyone has problems with their pillars deteriorating early you can give them a call at :

1800 nissan1 then pick option #7.

I was honestly surprised a live person answered. I got a case number now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts