Nissan Kicks Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had several issues with this car. Here recently the car has started stalling when stopped. The only way to get it to move is to put in park, turn engine off and restart the car. I almost got hit the other day when the car first stalled. Apparently this is a huge issue with the model Nissan. I've checked for recalls and haven't came across anything as of now. Anyone have any luck finding out what is going on with this car as I am taking it to the shop for inspection tomorrow

· Registered
2 Posts
I have had several issues with this car. Here recently the car has started stalling when stopped. The only way to get it to move is to put in park, turn engine off and restart the car. I almost got hit the other day when the car first stalled. Apparently this is a huge issue with the model Nissan. I've checked for recalls and haven't came across anything as of now. Anyone have any luck finding out what is going on with this car as I am taking it to the shop for inspection tomorrow

· Registered
2 Posts
I recently bought a 2022 Nissan Kicks. It has less than 2000 kms on it. The engine stall problem happened twice already. There is no warning light or any other noticeable warning, you simply realize your engine has shut off when pushing the gaz pedal and not moving after a less than a minute stop at a red light which has turned green. It happened the first time to my daughter who is a brand new driver. She was alone and panicked as people behind her started honking their horns at her. She didn't know what to do and finally put the car in park and hit the start button to start up the engine.

· Registered
1 Posts
This is actually happening with my 2015 Nissan altima and I have had no problems with it since I've had it (7 years), then all of a sudden it started happening. Last week, I've had the valve cover replaced, because it was oil coming through one of the chambers of my spark plugs, I got a new battery, & I got the oil changed to make sure that everything was flowing correctly and running clean. Then it happened again. I did exactly what you did, I put my car in park, I turned it off, and started again. There were no warning lights or codes that came across the dashboard. What makes it even more frustrating because there's no warning no preparation it just does it so I did a system diagnostic ( Hitting the push to start button 5 times then hitting the door Button on the inside of the door jam 10 times then hitting the push to start button 3 times and the car will test all of the systems).

My cars are running high there are no warning lights you don't know when it's happening it feels like it's pulling or struggling with torque, and then before you know it you've come to a complete stop. This happened to me yesterday in the middle of an intersection.

This is dangerous.

· Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2020 Nissan Kicks used and the car would not accelerate after sitting at a red light. I checked the air filter and noticed it needed to be replaced badly. Replaced it and it drove for a little while without issues. Then it started again. I then decided to add a bottle of fuel treatment and remove the throttle body and did a good cleaning. This actually helped and have not had an issue again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts