Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2020 Kicks has 15,000 km on it. Last week I was ran off the road by a truck and blew two tires along with a bent wheel. Now the Kicks does not seem to be shifting normally as before. Oftentimes it feels like it will not go into overdrive. I need to drive home to Guadalajara this Sunday, about 1000 mile from Texas. I went to the US Nissan dealer to have my Kicks checked out but since I purchased my Kicks in Mexico they would not cover the diagnosis under warranty. I had to install two undersized low profile tires on the rear wheels after the accident because nothing else was available when the accident occurred in the middle of the desert north of Zacatecas. I now have the correct sized tires to install along with a new wheel tomorrow. (Sorry for the long story.)

Sometimes the tach reads 2500 RPM at 60 mph but more often the tach will read 3500 RPM at the same speed. My mpg has dropped down to 11 km/liter and if I remember I was getting more like 12/14 before the accident. Not sure what is going on.

Can anyone here tell me what is the normal RPMs of the motor at 96 kmh (60 mph) speed so I can verify if my transmission is shifting correctly? The Sport mode appears to be functioning normal.
Thanks, kiko
PS: Love the Kicks.:cool:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Did you get your answer yet?
My son drives the kicks. If you haven't I asked him to check it for you when
He drives it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Once I replaced the temporary low profile tires that had been mounted on the rear wheels the transmission and speed returned to normal. I suppose there must be some kind of sensors on the rear wheels that are connected to the Kicks computer or the smaller diameter of the tires was the cause.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts