Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These cars don't have the plastic engine cover. The engine is common as it is used in other Nissans.
I can understand that functionally it does't need it since the engine sits high up and is not prone to water splashing on it. Most of the time that plastic cover is to keep water away from the electrical components of the engine.
But I still would have liked the option to purchase the cover as an accessory. I saw some chinese knockoffs on ebay. Anyone try these? How is the quality? Can it take the heat? Do they look good?

·
Registered
38 Posts
These cars don't have the plastic engine cover. The engine is common as it is used in other Nissans.
I can understand that functionally it does't need it since the engine sits high up and is not prone to water splashing on it. Most of the time that plastic cover is to keep water away from the electrical components of the engine.
But I still would have liked the option to purchase the cover as an accessory. I saw some chinese knockoffs on ebay. Anyone try these? How is the quality? Can it take the heat? Do they look good?
My Ebay one fits great!
It's just the look,no functionality at all.
That is why they do not have them from factory.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the same cover as Bovard1... Fits great and looks so much better... Only issue I had was finding the 2 inserts for the back... The 2 front ones came with the vehicle... Also takes a while to get from China...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Its crazy how automakers cheap out when they need to. A factory engine cover couldn't cost that much. Why Nissan!

This is an inexpensive car. I am fine with no engine cover. Cooler running engine & easier for servicing. :wink

·
Registered
239 Posts
This is an inexpensive car. I am fine with no engine cover. Cooler running engine & easier for servicing. :wink
Well I like to have a clean engine bay and that cover helps a lot. Much easier and faster to wash the engine bay with a cover protects the vitals from water getting in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anybody figure out the inserts for the back section of the engine cover from China. It's looks great and it stays on fine with just the front mounts but it would be cool to get correct inserts for the back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts