Nissan Kicks Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new Kicks. First day no issues. Rained overnight, this am I go to work, and after starting, I see 3 red seat belt alerts which go off after about a mile, and a red exclamation on dash. Any ideas before I stop at dealership?

Steve

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just got my new Kicks. First day no issues. Rained overnight, this am I go to work, and after starting, I see 3 red seat belt alerts which go off after about a mile, and a red exclamation on dash. Any ideas before I stop at dealership?

Steve

Do you have pictures? Was your seatbelt actually clicked in? Was it brand new or used?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have pictures? Was your seatbelt actually clicked in? Was it brand new or used?
Thanks for reply. The car is brand new, first day with it was that day. I had my fairly heavy computer bag, on the back seat which I think explains the seatbelt lights. As for the exclamation light, I feel like an idiot. The E-Brake was lifted ever so slightly, causing the light and beeping noise. I guess my kid was playing with it the night I brought it home. I put the brake handle down fully, and both stopped.. So far no other issues!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also have a new 2021 Kicks & was wondering about this also - I assume the pic below shows the 3 seatbelt idiot lights you are referring to. The owners manual states this is normal for 65 seconds after starting car - see snip from manual below.

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Kicks SV
13 Posts
I think the manual does say that any cargo put on the seats must be under 5lbs. I assumed this was so that in a car accident you wouldn't be smashed in the face with a dumbell, but maybe it is the threshold for the passenger system.
Very interesting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts