Nissan Kicks Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new Kicks. First day no issues. Rained overnight, this am I go to work, and after starting, I see 3 red seat belt alerts which go off after about a mile, and a red exclamation on dash. Any ideas before I stop at dealership?

Steve

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just got my new Kicks. First day no issues. Rained overnight, this am I go to work, and after starting, I see 3 red seat belt alerts which go off after about a mile, and a red exclamation on dash. Any ideas before I stop at dealership?

Steve

Do you have pictures? Was your seatbelt actually clicked in? Was it brand new or used?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have pictures? Was your seatbelt actually clicked in? Was it brand new or used?
Thanks for reply. The car is brand new, first day with it was that day. I had my fairly heavy computer bag, on the back seat which I think explains the seatbelt lights. As for the exclamation light, I feel like an idiot. The E-Brake was lifted ever so slightly, causing the light and beeping noise. I guess my kid was playing with it the night I brought it home. I put the brake handle down fully, and both stopped.. So far no other issues!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also have a new 2021 Kicks & was wondering about this also - I assume the pic below shows the 3 seatbelt idiot lights you are referring to. The owners manual states this is normal for 65 seconds after starting car - see snip from manual below.

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Kicks SV
30 Posts
I think the manual does say that any cargo put on the seats must be under 5lbs. I assumed this was so that in a car accident you wouldn't be smashed in the face with a dumbell, but maybe it is the threshold for the passenger system.
Very interesting.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think the manual does say that any cargo put on the seats must be under 5lbs. I assumed this was so that in a car accident you wouldn't be smashed in the face with a dumbell, but maybe it is the threshold for the passenger system.
Very interesting.
Are passengers only allowed to sit on them if they are under 5 ;pounds? Just kidding. I have used all of my seats for loading boxes for a move. No warning lights. I think Nissan is over-reaching in the tech department and under-reaching in the "let the customer use their seats for any effing thing they want" department. If it doesn't exceed total carrying capacity, the lights should mind their own business. Cars are for moving people and things.

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Kicks SV
30 Posts
I think Nissan is over-reaching in the tech department and under-reaching in the "let the customer use their seats for any effing thing they want" department.
lol, I agree. They are probably trying to compete with Toyotas almighty safety claims.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts