Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why the center console they make for the kicks won’t fit in the 2018 SR model? Apparently they only fit in the 2019 and the 2020 models.. from my understanding when I purchased my car in October of 2018 the 2019s were about to be coming out (did not know this at the time because they had just released the 2018’s) but from my understanding they’re exactly the same.. no differences, they just took the 2018’s and slapped the 2019 year on them, but if that’s the case then why wouldn’t the console fit in the 18s and only the 19 and 20 models?

Either way, I went ahead and bit the bullet and purchased the center console anyways.. we shall see what happens.. I’ll keep y’all posted!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did the 2019 Console fit for you? I'm looking at some after-market consoles that I'm hoping will work, but I'd be interested in your experience.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it did! Took a few modifications but all in all it fit and works great! The only trouble I ran into the was arm rest bolt. I ended up taking a hacksaw to it and then used some fabric glue/gorilla glue for the cap to cover the hole where the arm rest was. I’ll attach some pictures for you.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
where did you purchase the console? And what cap did you use to cover the armrest hole? This looks good!

Yes it did! Took a few modifications but all in all it fit and works great! The only trouble I ran into the was arm rest bolt. I ended up taking a hacksaw to it and then used some fabric glue/gorilla glue for the cap to cover the hole where the arm rest was. I’ll attach some pictures for you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
where did you purchase the console? And what cap did you use to cover the armrest hole? This looks good!
The console came with the cap. As I said before it had to modify it a little bit by taking a hacksaw to the bolt and also the plastic cap because it had some sort of extension on it.. but with a little fabric/gorilla glue it fit like a charm. Also the entire center console had to come out for me to get everything bolted and anchored down.. but I got the armrest from this website, 2019-2020 Nissan Armrest - With Storage T99E9-5EE0A | GetOEMParts.com

·
Registered
4 Posts
This looks great! Thanks for this information- I was worried the cup holders would be covered up, but it looks like they are still accessible. Also, it looks like the ports are now wired and accessible from the back seat. You do great work!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This looks great! Thanks for this information- I was worried the cup holders would be covered up, but it looks like they are still accessible. Also, it looks like the ports are now wired and accessible from the back seat. You do great work!
Thank you! All in all, it took about 6 hours to install.. Yes, the cup holders are much easier to access than they were when I had the armrest. the console came with an extension cord for the ports to plug into the back so thankfully I didn’t have to do any rewiring on that part! If you have any questions, feel free to ask away!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts