Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Currently driving an older Juke Nismo, and I've been keeping an eye on this forum and news around the new Kicks. I'm a little disappointed in the powertrain that Nissan has put in this model, and I hope that down the line they consider something a little more substantial. I love my current car, but would welcome some updated tech.

·
Registered
239 Posts
If performance is what you feel this lacks then you will be better of in a Rogue/Rogue Sport. Nissan operates reactionary at best so as other car makers get more competitive in higher trims, so might Nissan in this case.

Are you interested in any other brands and segments?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not looking to do any track runs or anything, just think I might need a little more than 125hp. I've been looking at the Rogue Sport as well as the QX30. I've been very happy with Nissan so far, so I think I'll try to stay in that family.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm not looking to do any track runs or anything, just think I might need a little more than 125hp. I've been looking at the Rogue Sport as well as the QX30. I've been very happy with Nissan so far, so I think I'll try to stay in that family.
If you go with the Rogue, buying used is a good idea. No point in buying a brand new out going model. Buying new, you'll suffer some great depreciation.
What is your budget around because i'm surprised to see the QX30 mentioned?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm trying to keep it under $30k, so I'd have to go with something used if I pursue the QX30. I'd rather a cheaper buy in price so I have some extra spending money for accessories and ad ons.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm trying to keep it under $30k, so I'd have to go with something used if I pursue the QX30. I'd rather a cheaper buy in price so I have some extra spending money for accessories and ad ons.
How about all the other associated costs of owning an Infiniti vs something much cheaper like the Kicks? maintenance costs won't be nearly as easy to absorb.
definitely not every day you find someone shopping for cars that have such big gaps in pricing, since the QX30 is 70%+ more than the Kicks

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you are driving mainly in the city. There shouldn't be a concern with horsepower and drive train with the Kicks light weight. I actually prefer the smooth CVT for city driving. Put it in sports mode, which keeps the revs/power up, makes the Kicks quite peppy. I have no problems what so ever with the Kicks on the highway. For reference, my other car is an Infiniti G35x. I don't thinks one can find as many tech as the Kicks for the price, especially the SR version with 360 cam and Bose surround sound.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts