Nissan Kicks Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
239 Posts
My only gripe is the steering wheel design and its overall feel which doesn't seem so bad with features like being heated. Hopefully one of the next year models will reveal better interior features. Is that on anyone wishlist?

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Back to dealer We go.
Could not maintain road speed today.
Lots of revs but not much acceleration, could get upto highway speed, gas pedal hard down and had 5500 revs just about hit 80kph.
If it was a manual just like clutch slip.
Seems the magic number is 30 Anything below -30C and poor little foxy wants to play up. Not that I blaim her. But this is Canada and I have at least month or so of temps around there or colder.
Nissan customer care case time now.
Wife has refused to drive it now.

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Still in at the dealer, but good news.
Nissan has been working on a cold weather kit, so looks like not just me having issues.
So hope to get car back Monday, that depends if they cure the wind noise around the drivers door.
Very nice offer of 500 bucks in service credit from Nissan customer care.
Impressed.
Been missing my foxy.

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
So had foxy back for week now.
Wind noise on drivers door still there, maybe just something I have to put up with.
The high revs with no forward road speed has not occurred again, but temps have risen to -12 or so.
Hard to tell what the so called winter kit is as it's couple pieces of stick on foam in the right places.
I am going to buy a engine cover and belly tray.
Sure that will help come next winter.
Fingers crossed this time thats the end of issues and we can get back on with my love affair.

· Registered
9 Posts
Didn't last long
Back at the dealer again.
Alternator or wiring issue
Died at side of road with dead battery.
Dealer and road side assistance great.
Have to wait until Monday for repair or diagnostic
Starting to worry now
This is so odd. I thought I was going nuts.

MY 2018 SR WAS ALSO TOWED! left me on the side of the highway. 6 months old, 7000km on it! Alternator died. 3 week back order. Such a nightmare! It was making my car go insane - warning signs, lights, indicators. My dash was lit up like a Christmas tree! No explanation from dealer!

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
Oh no never good when a new car dies, did you find Nissan road side assistance did a good job.
They took the parts off a demo vehicle to get me back on the road right away.
Worrying it's on back order, it's ever a common issue hence no stock
Been good since.
Hope they gave you some other vehicle to use.

· Registered
9 Posts
Oh no never good when a new car dies, did you find Nissan road side assistance did a good job.
They took the parts off a demo vehicle to get me back on the road right away.
Worrying it's on back order, it's ever a common issue hence no stock
Been good since.
Hope they gave you some other vehicle to use.
They did give me a complimentary car...I mean 3 weeks on back order is a long time to be without a car. Nissan roadside came quickly, but I feel they were really rough with my car. As they were dropping it, I heard cracking at the wheel wells. We had to tell him to stop, because the positioning of this equipment wasn’t clearing my wheel and wheel well. I feel crazy about these issues because they just keep piling on. Not sure what else I can really do. Nissan Canada has made it clear that they can only keep fixing these issues and nothing else.

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Yes I am with you on that what else can you do, with no laws to make the manufacturer do better they just attempt repairs.
There is a system in Canada to get this sort of thing addressed but it's funded by the car manufacturers and has no real teeth so it's a waste of time, and takes so long to go through the system
Need lemon laws, think your would see some major changes then, to how dealers and manufacturers address issues.
3 repairs for same issue and then start the ball rolling on a new one.
Word of mouth and the wide wide web is the best thing, manufacturer just hate bad press.
Sorry to say where I work don't think any one would consider a Nissan Which is a shame, standing joke at work as to being a Nissan test driver as had so many different cars to drive.

· Registered
1 Posts
Also from Saskatchewan. -40 the last few days and the 2019 Kicks is absolutely useless. Most cars you can boost and get going, but this thing has no chance. It’s so cold it won’t even register my key fob if I do get it going. My sister’s Subaru is running perfectly fine, and not even plugged in overnight. Honestly regretting my Kicks purchase for this sole reason of being awful in the winter here. So disappointed.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts