Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glad to have found a community dedicated to the Kicks which will be even more valuable if I choose it over the CH-R.
Been into Toyota's for the past 2 decades, that loyalty and the fact Toyota's CH-R is a solid product has me gravitating to it a lot. However Nissan has shown improvements over the years so i'm here to dissect it and share my experience!

What does everyone drive around here?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey, I'm new to this forum,

I've been looking at C-HR for a while too and it still seems like a good car to me. Currently driving Versa Note, but planning to switch it to a bigger car.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Welcome to the forum! The C-HR is definitely eye catching but I'm not a fan of its engine options. Have you test driven it or the kicks yet?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome to the forum! The C-HR is definitely eye catching but I'm not a fan of its engine options. Have you test driven it or the kicks yet?
I test drove C-HR a few month ago. Nice car, good interior, the engine isn't as fast as I thought, but the overall experience is pretty good. Since I'm not in a rush of buying a new car, I want to test drive Nissan Kicks first and then make my final decision.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I test drove C-HR a few month ago. Nice car, good interior, the engine isn't as fast as I thought, but the overall experience is pretty good. Since I'm not in a rush of buying a new car, I want to test drive Nissan Kicks first and then make my final decision.
On what kind of roads and for how long did you test it? I ask that because given the type of conditions you're exposed to, your take on it can be much different than someone else. At what exact points during the test drive did you notice the "engine isn't as fast" as you thought?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I asked a salesperson to have a quick run on the highway and that's where I understood that the car isn't that fast. I test drove it for a good 30 mins, it was enough to build my perception about this vehicle.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Well the Kicks is expected to be cheaper, more efficient, and lighter than the C-HR. I haven't test driven the C-HR yet, but a lot of reviewers aren't fans of it. Depends on what you want I suppose.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess Toyota is playing on the fact loyal Toyota owners will gravitate to the CH-R instead of going somewhere else for a sporty CUV. You'd be surprised by how many stick one brand and have a hard time parting ways even when they have to pay a bit more and get slightly less than another offering.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I too used to be a toyota fan, but their build quality isn't what they used to be and you may as well go elsewhere if they're all almost equally reliable.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I too used to be a toyota fan, but their build quality isn't what they used to be and you may as well go elsewhere if they're all almost equally reliable.
Now is a time when you should reconsider because not only are they bringing back sporty product but at the same time they have better build quality than most brands. The most important fact is they're doing better than more. Doing better or worst than they have previously is a whole different story.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Compared to other brands, Toyota is still the reigning champion when it comes to reliability, but looking back to their older and more vanilla models, the quality just isn't there and I don't trust most of the cars build by them today to rack up just as much mileage as older cars could.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its a hit or miss these days and with all the features new cars have, its hard to factor in reliability. I got to the point that finding a good dealer and knowing the brand does well at following up with issues will restore my confidence in the product.

·
Registered
58 Posts
There's always extended warranty, but when it comes to choosing between the C-HR or the Kicks, it'll have to be the kicks simply because of the design and engine. The rear of the C-HR can feel very claustrophobic and I wouldn't want to subject anyone to that.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There's always extended warranty, but when it comes to choosing between the C-HR or the Kicks, it'll have to be the kicks simply because of the design and engine. The rear of the C-HR can feel very claustrophobic and I wouldn't want to subject anyone to that.
Sales of the CH-R has spoken a lot about what the market actually wants and thus I think Nissan will be up for a big challenge. Usually people shopping for Japanese brands, once they have settled on one, find it hard to deviate, which in this case takes away from the CH-R.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts