Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an SR and finally put some time in the vehicle this week. Now I am in pain due to the Bose Head rest...

Seems like all new cars are going on the cheap for head rests to meet safety guidelines and make head rests at ridiculous angles then not only prevent your head from going backwards by forcing your head forward and down. Its a semi easy fix to remove the head rest bend the pipes back a few degrees to a more neutral angle.

Now the the Bose Driver head rest, is not removable, so the easy fix is not an option. I raised the head rest to the maximum such that my head go backwards some more. Still uncomfortable. On top of that in the middle of the head rest, underneath the pleather, there is a big wire on the wrong side of the padding. Its quite easy to feel with you fingers and occasionally feelable when you rest you head on it.

I emailed nissan and they said to take it to the dealer, the dealer made me make an appointment because they had to talk to nissan on nissan hours. No free loaner as of yet since on nissan can approve such a thing.

I will be putting on 110 miles doing highway driving in construction. Every gradient change or series of bumps pushes my head again the head rest and then drives my head down, pushing the my chin toward my chest. I have adjusted the seat so the head rest is at the right angle, but the seat now is so far back my back hurts.

·
Registered
42 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts