Nissan Kicks Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2018 kicks battery wants to work when it wants to work. I thought something was draining it so I make sure everything is completely shut off and I've not had any issues for a couple months. Then out of the blue it fails on me again. Slow start in the am. Then I parked it for 30 min. Nothing but fast clicking. The fast clicking even sounded like it got stuck a couple seconds. Got a ride. Came back a few hours later it started right up. Went home. Shut off. Tried it again to run to mailbox was fine. Hour later tried to go to store. Nothing but fast clicking!!! HELP!!!!

· Registered
10 Posts
To me it sounds like something is draining your battery while the car is off. Need someone to check the electrical drain on the system when shut off. If it is too high, some investigation must be done to pin point the culprit. Also could be a bad battery not holding a charge or a bad alternator not fully charging the battery.

· Super Moderator
77 Posts
Any other extra accessories like Aftermarket alarm or do you have a cell phone charger that goes to the cigarette lighter? It could also be a bad or battery going bad. It could be a 2017 battery in a 2018 vehicle.

· Registered
8 Posts
batteries mostly only last 4-5 years no matter how exspensive. i dont know about parasitic draw. tammylittle314 sounds like you need a new batt. by your description. some parts stores will load test your batt. if you or a friend has a multimeter it should have a reading of 12.7 volts. if it only has say 12.2-12.4 volts its a gonner. Tom. good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts