Nissan Kicks Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Problems again 2018 kicks. Car would not go over 100 then when I park car would not restart battery dead until I get boosted. First dealer stats it’s my engine air filter. Battery is fine (they say). Got all fixed driven a week cold snap happens and it does the same. Different dealer states I need a new battery! Both charge me for a diagnostics of $125 each I’m pissed don’t they’ll work for the same Nissan this was within a week. So question would bad battery cause my car to not go over 100??

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Kicks SV
67 Posts
Not being able to go over 100km/h would most likely have nothing to do with the battery. But a clogged air filter, maybe.
It sounds like you might have a couple issues though.
As for the diagnostic fees, those should be expected every time you go to a dealer. If you went back to the same one, they might have waived the fee the second time. But going to another dealer, even for the same company will not be free.

After the air filter change, will the car still not accelerate over 100?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not being able to go over 100km/h would most likely have nothing to do with the battery. But a clogged air filter, maybe.
It sounds like you might have a couple issues though.
As for the diagnostic fees, those should be expected every time you go to a dealer. If you went back to the same one, they might have waived the fee the second time. But going to another dealer, even for the same company will not be free.

After the air filter change, will the car still not accelerate over 100?
Once I got the engine air filter replace it was fine for a week then today it’s started again once
I got into hwy.

·
Premium Member
2021 Nissan Kicks S
18 Posts
Hey,

Dealerships aren't great and usually aren't working in your best interest; go to a well-reviewed auto repair shop instead. Your Kicks is from 2018 and so was well overdue for an air filter (if you never changed it prior.) Also, lithium batteries degrade over time, the Nissan Kicks doesn't have the best battery, so after four years, I'm not surprised that it's acting up. I would replace the battery; any auto parts store will do it for you, as I believe your battery problem is impacting the ECU (a bad battery can make the ECU act up.) At the same time, I would recommend doing a code read to see what else may be wrong with the car; auto part stores may lend you a code reader. Finally, I hope all works out and make sure you're all caught up with your car services.

Good Luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.