Nissan Kicks Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AutoExpress posted a review for the Nissan Kicks and much like all of the other reviews I've been reading, they aren't too compelled by it. Although they do say it has a nicer interior than the upcoming Ford Ecosport. They say it should prove to be a decent offering for the rest of the world compared to Latin America (where it's currently already being sold)

Verdict
The Kicks isn’t designed for Europe - but it’s testament to what a worthy creation it is that were Nissan to decide to bring it here, it could conceivably stand up to budget rivals provided it had a better choice of engine (a diesel would be a must, naturally). As it stands, the Latin American Kicks should be a decent offering from Nissan in this area of the market, as it’s better inside than a Ford Ecosport, and dynamically not far removed from the likes of the Jeep’s Renegade.
New Nissan Kicks SUV 2016 review | Auto Express

·
Registered
149 Posts
I would assume it's something Nissan covers when engineering vehicle, along with extreme temperature testing and lean angle in tight turns. But Ae did say it's "not the most up-to-date set of components." So a bit of upgrading will be needed to compete in other markets outside of Latin America right?

·
Registered
239 Posts
This is why I like to sit out for the first 6 months of a vehicles release in order to let issues like this pass by. This is a completely new model with little history behind it. If we were dealing with a Kia Soul... different story.

So far it looks like a product with potential, Nissan better no mess it up.

·
Registered
149 Posts
There's generally some bugs found by owners in the first year or so, before manufacturers fix the problem in the production process so that's usually how long I wait and by then the prices would have gone down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.