Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AutoExpress posted a review for the Nissan Kicks and much like all of the other reviews I've been reading, they aren't too compelled by it. Although they do say it has a nicer interior than the upcoming Ford Ecosport. They say it should prove to be a decent offering for the rest of the world compared to Latin America (where it's currently already being sold)

Verdict
The Kicks isn’t designed for Europe - but it’s testament to what a worthy creation it is that were Nissan to decide to bring it here, it could conceivably stand up to budget rivals provided it had a better choice of engine (a diesel would be a must, naturally). As it stands, the Latin American Kicks should be a decent offering from Nissan in this area of the market, as it’s better inside than a Ford Ecosport, and dynamically not far removed from the likes of the Jeep’s Renegade.
New Nissan Kicks SUV 2016 review | Auto Express

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess that's what it is and it sounds seemingly familiar like the Jeep death wobble but probably not as bad. That's something that should have been covered in testing though no?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I would assume it's something Nissan covers when engineering vehicle, along with extreme temperature testing and lean angle in tight turns. But Ae did say it's "not the most up-to-date set of components." So a bit of upgrading will be needed to compete in other markets outside of Latin America right?

·
Registered
239 Posts
This is why I like to sit out for the first 6 months of a vehicles release in order to let issues like this pass by. This is a completely new model with little history behind it. If we were dealing with a Kia Soul... different story.

So far it looks like a product with potential, Nissan better no mess it up.

·
Registered
149 Posts
There's generally some bugs found by owners in the first year or so, before manufacturers fix the problem in the production process so that's usually how long I wait and by then the prices would have gone down.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup, I mean, you could get it and deal with the issues one by one as they appear but waiting until the next model year, you know it'll all be ironed out for you by the time you buy it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Consumer reports ranked Nissan as number 13 in their 2016 reliability list, not bad as it looks like Nissan went up 2 ranks last year. Good news if they keep improving their product.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts