Nissan Kicks Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I have 2019 Nissan Kicks SV.

Does anyone else have an issue with Apple Car Play/Google Play not working/working intermittently when it’s hot and/or the head unit gets warm from the sun? It works fine at other times. The phone is not overheated, no issues with USB cable, etc.
Any solutions that don’t require moving to the North Pole? I already live in Canada, so it’s only a few months of the year that I have to deal with this. Maybe it’s a Canadian special feature. And yes, I do use AC in the summer :)

I drove many other cars in the same weather with the same phones/cables, but never had this issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’ve noticed my Car Play won’t work correctly unless I plug the phone up after the radio has fully booted. I did have an issue that’s apparently pretty common where the volume knob was apparently getting somewhat stuck causing the volume to go up A LOT out of nowhere. (2019 SR)

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Kicks SV
71 Posts
Wanted to add my 2 cents.
There are a few threads on the forum with others having the same problem. As someone who has used both Apple Car Play and Android Auto, I figured it would be worth weighing in.
The phones used: Pixel 4a, Samsung Galaxy FE 21 and iPhone Mini 12
The cars used: 2022 Mitsubishi RVR and 2020 Nissan Kicks

In both cars, Android Auto was sporadic. Connection problems every few days (Multiple times per week)
My iPhone though, had way fewer issues! Maybe 2-3 times a month.

Doing some deeper internet research, it is not "SPECIFICALLY" a Nissan Kicks issue, rather an Android Auto issue. Even on higher end cars.
An update from the dealership, may help in the short term. But whenever Android releases a new update you can expect to have problems again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts