Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Nissan Kicks is quite appealing to me, but it doesn't seem like Nissan will be offering it to the NA market anytime soon, or will they? Has anyone heard anything new from them?

If not the kicks, I may go for the Rouge instead, but it's a bit bigger than what I need.

·
Registered
239 Posts
There seems to be a chance since Nissan Canada said they don't know if it will or won't. My guess is they might be waiting on the Rogue to show slow sales or its generation to end. Second generation only started in 2013 so we have some years to go.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Welcome to the boards. Best thing to do would probably be to lease the Rogue for now and then wait until, or wait and see if the Kicks comes over.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Welcome to the boards. Best thing to do would probably be to lease the Rogue for now and then wait until, or wait and see if the Kicks comes over.
Agree.

Rogue in its last years will make for a great vehicle since by now they probably worked out a lot of bugs and issues, although even that could be up for debate. Just don't leave us for Mazda :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
To add, the new Rogue also looks pretty darn sweet with that updated front end. Not too sure about what issues they had though.. was there anything common that was of large concern??

·
Registered
149 Posts
the last one I can think of was one for the 2017 Nissan Rouge last year, it was because the airbag may not deploy in case of a crash. But that should be fixed by now.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Airbag issues have definitely been circulating, especially with the Takata airbags but I'm not too sure if the Rogue was using that as the issue was more of shrapnel being flung at you opposed to not deploying.

But with issues like that being a huge safety concern, I'm sure those are addressed by now as they don't take things like that lightly by far.

·
Registered
149 Posts
If Nissan ever decides to bring the Kicks to NA, they should be able to built them in a short amount of time. Nissan has recently invested $192 million into their Resende Industrial Complex in Brazil to meet Kicks demands. Once that market slows down, maybe they'll ship some NA's way.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, the 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show is approaching (September 14-24) and it's the world's largest motor show. If Nissan is going to make an announcement, then it should be there.

·
Registered
239 Posts
The Detroit Show is another major event for launching North American products and even global products, wouldn't be surprised if they have us wait till then. Unless Nissan is planning to hold some event away from the major industry shows. Won't be the first time a car maker has done that.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Isn't the Detroit Show usually held in January? The Kicks is already on sale so it would make more sense to announce it sooner than later, so potential buyers won't move on to anther model before next year.

·
Registered
149 Posts
It'll have to be a large North American auto show since we're hoping for a release here and they're already selling it abroad.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Tokyo Motor Show is in October and this is a product that would also do well in its home market compared to a lot other cars sold these days. So we should also be on the look out for that. Tokyo is still very big among other car makers .

·
Registered
149 Posts
I haven't heard much about the kicks these days, so one can assume that Nissan will be sticking with the status quo on release markets.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As far as I know, the next country for its release is India and not much is known beyond that. So Nissan could very well end the Kicks release there.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Maybe Nissan wants people in North America buying their longer range 2018 Leaf? It's set to be released soon and it's around the same size as the Kicks.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Maybe Nissan wants people in North America buying their longer range 2018 Leaf? It's set to be released soon and it's around the same size as the Kicks.
Makes sense, after all that will please more people. Range anxiety is one thing you hear a lot about during this time where car makers are constantly trying to increase numbers. Catering to a crowd that is okay with just city commuting serves Nissan's overall objective not all that well.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
With the Leaf coming out and competing against other affordable long range EVs, I assume Nissan doesn't want to compete with its own models as well. But this is a stretch and probably not why the Kicks isn't appearing in NA.

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
It isn't the Rogue that would keep the Kicks from coming to the US, but The Rouge SPORT that presents a problem. The Rogue Sport is a wheel-based shortened Rogue that may be too close in the price and size of the Kicks. A shame because the Kicks has better packaging and looks.

https://www.nissanusa.com/crossovers/rogue-sport?dcp=psn.58700002423001144&gclid=CJHFqonurtYCFYGegQodGaUDpw&gclsrc=ds&dclid=CN7kyonurtYCFQqAYgodxJ4CSA
Maybe its a case of Nissan waiting for the Rogue to lose sales momentum before they start bringing in the Kicks. Its not like they have levels of success like Toyota, which could make the case for milking a current product for all its got before moving into the next.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts