Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any issues merging into traffic?

Hi,

We are considering Kicks SR for my son who recently got his license. I read some journalist reviews about the Kicks and some reviewers mentioned that its rolling acceleration is pretty slow. Do you have issues merging into traffic or passing other cars within a reasonable time?
Also, are the SR seats with premium package comfortable enough for a 3-4 hr trip?

Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Live in the Washington DC area and the Kicks has no problem merging. Not the fastest car out there but it manages. As for the "premium" seats, imho, they are awful. They feel cheap and are not comfy like real leather. The first Kicks we drove had this stuff and there were already smudges and scratches in the material. Can't imagine riding in them for 4 hours. The cloth seat are fine. Too bad the only way to get the factory alarm system is with this package.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Coming from cars with V6's it takes some getting used to but I think overtime that will change. A new Juke is in the works, maybe it'll be more sporty?

·
Registered
7 Posts
There is also a "secret" sport mode on the transmission. Owners manual glosses over it but there's a button on the shift lever that changes the trans ratios holding the engine at higher rpms. Haven't tried it (car doesn't have a lot of miles yet) but delaying the "shift" points should reduce the 0-60 times.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the replies. I thought the Kicks replaced the Juke. If a new Juke is coming soon, does that mean Nissan will discontinue the Kicks? Also, in regards to the seats that come with the premium package, can owners who have these seats share their experience?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We just purchased a 2019 Kicks SR with premium package for our son and I wanted to answer my own questions based on my about 2hr highway trip from the dealer. Merging into traffic was not an issue and the car effortlessly cruised at 70mph. However, the acceleration from 60 to 70 mph takes quite sometime so passing cars is little difficult. The leatherette seats were pretty good for a 2hr trip so I would imagine longer trips would be pleasant as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm a sensitive senior, but honorary millennial, who loves his Kicks. Performance is more than adaquatefor anyone who isn't a performance geek. Accelerating into traffic has never been a problem for me. The seats do feel a bit hard on my butt during a long drive but getting out to stretch a bit from time toi time is always a good idea regardless so I don't see that as a problem. We just drove from the Southern Tier of New York State (Binghamton area) up to Kingston, Ontario on a combination of interstate and secondary roads. The trip was very enjoyable.

One observation I can make is that the combination of the stiff seats and suspension makes driving on rough roads a bit jaring. It's not common, but occasionally my vision blurs some from all the bouncing on a few poorly maintained roads.

I love all the safety features on this car like the blind spot detector. Those alone made my purchase of this vehicle worthwhile.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm a sensitive senior, but honorary millennial, who loves his Kicks. Performance is more than adaquatefor anyone who isn't a performance geek. Accelerating into traffic has never been a problem for me. The seats do feel a bit hard on my butt during a long drive but getting out to stretch a bit from time toi time is always a good idea regardless so I don't see that as a problem. We just drove from the Southern Tier of New York State (Binghamton area) up to Kingston, Ontario on a combination of interstate and secondary roads. The trip was very enjoyable.

One observation I can make is that the combination of the stiff seats and suspension makes driving on rough roads a bit jaring. It's not common, but occasionally my vision blurs some from all the bouncing on a few poorly maintained roads.

I love all the safety features on this car like the blind spot detector. Those alone made my purchase of this vehicle worthwhile.
I think the seat cushions are okay, but the lack of some seat adjustments and independent rear suspension cause the slight discomfort. In terms of performance, I agree that it is a fun car to drive and acceleration is adequate upto around 60mph. After two weeks of ownership, we are definitely happy with our Kicks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts