Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Read Only
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard from a local Phoenix dealer. They will have the Kicks in two days!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Awesome news! Glad to hear that dealers are starting to receive shipments. Any chance you'll be taking it for a test drive and sharing your impressions?

·
Read Only
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome news! Glad to hear that dealers are starting to receive shipments. Any chance you'll be taking it for a test drive and sharing your impressions?
I will be happy to examine it and make a report. I will have to think about doing a test drive because I am not interested in buying a new car at this time. I don't like taking the salesman's time when I am not a serious buyer.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I assume they'll start trickling into dealerships nationwide this week so everyone interested can test drive one themselves. But no word from my local dealer yet.
Take plenty of pictures when you see the Kicks!

·
Read Only
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I assume they'll start trickling into dealerships nationwide this week so everyone interested can test drive one themselves. But no word from my local dealer yet.
Take plenty of pictures when you see the Kicks!
I have been getting emails every day saying it will be soon. I hope it is before I leave town. There is another dealer that according to cargurus and cars.com has one. I have not confirmed they do yet.

·
Read Only
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As expected, the cars arrived after I left town. I did go by the dealer after it was closed Saturday night. There it was in the showroom. I was VERY impressed on the styling! It looks really great in the flesh over the pictures you see, especially the front which I had doubts about. It really looks more expensive than it's class. I may go over and look inside one today. I am most interested in the base S , so I may travel further to see the only S here so far.

·
Read Only
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Just got back from the dealer and saw it on the inside. Wow! Very roomy and well put together. The doors close crisply with little effort. It also passed my "8 foot hardware test".....meaning I took a measurement and an 8 foot 2x4 will easily fit with the seats folded down and still be short of hitting the dash.

The hatch opening is very wide and high making loading easy.

The only clinker is when I closed the hood ...it didn't sound dampered and was kind of sloppy. No big deal really. It was very roomy in there and looked easy to service.
The seat material felt very premium and is the same on the S and the SV....very supportive. Amazing that this is the base upholstery.

It is just amazing the quality and finish you get with this economy model.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Test drove a S two weeks ago

The only clinker is when I closed the hood ...it didn't sound dampered and was kind of sloppy. No big deal really.
Total Agreed, some is off with the hood. My first attempt at closing the hood failed to lock, like it missed, did not trigger, or bounced off of the latch.

I also will add two more knocks on the back seats around the fold down option:
  • Backseats did not lie very flat
  • Front seats have to be moved slightly forward for the backseats to fully lower.

The seat material felt very premium and is the same on the S and the SV....very supportive. Amazing that this is the base upholstery.
I had the opportunity today to purchase an SR in orange/black with no fluff, but the deal breaks is that I really hated the orange accents in the seats and doors. There are no full pictures of the S-SV or SR seats on Nissan.com that i could find. Go to a dealer website that was lots of pictures to see the full seat. The Nissan Colorizer web will display the wrong seats or color for the given model/package sometimes.

I put a deposit down to hopefully get a SR + Premium. Just looked at the Brazilian SL seating options, I like these the most. I hope the Premium seats are as comfie as the base seats.

It is just amazing the quality and finish you get with this economy model.
Any model is great value, the S, SR are probably the highest value.

·
Read Only
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Test drove a S two weeks ago

Total Agreed, some is off with the hood. My first attempt at closing the hood failed to lock, like it missed, did not trigger, or bounced off of the latch.

I also will add two more knocks on the back seats around the fold down option:
  • Backseats did not lie very flat
  • Front seats have to be moved slightly forward for the backseats to fully lower.

I had the opportunity today to purchase an SR in orange/black with no fluff, but the deal breaks is that I really hated the orange accents in the seats and doors. There are no full pictures of the S-SV or SR seats on Nissan.com that i could find. Go to a dealer website that was lots of pictures to see the full seat. The Nissan Colorizer web will display the wrong seats or color for the given model/package sometimes.

I put a deposit down to hopefully get a SR + Premium. Just looked at the Brazilian SL seating options, I like these the most. I hope the Premium seats are as comfie as the base seats.

Any model is great value, the S, SR are probably the highest value.
Great overview! Thanks for sharing.

I think the SV is the best value. The SR pricing is too close to larger vehicles in my opinion. Being a budget shopper, the S looks good to me and has most of the features I would want and is under $20,000. However, I have seen some amazing pricing on SR s, so I would be tempted.

Actually , I shouldn't be looking at all since I am happy with my paid off 2015 RAV4. It is just that when I bought it I was looking for a replacement for my xB with it's small outside, huge inside. Too bad the Kicks wasn't available in 2015 because it would have definitely been in the running because of it's size and large interior.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Cars are funny, tastes change over time and sometimes a porcelain image of a desired vehicles just shatters on you. Had my heart set on Miatia RF until I drove it. It was a great ride, but not very practical for a daily commute (hard to see out off, not place to put stuff like a drink, etc). My wife had the old Rav with the ribbed plastic on bottom, I liked that car. I think the next generation Rav 4 will be pretty big hit, its like mini version of FJ Cruiser.

Sunday night i took the moped to the Nissan & Hyduai dealerships to verify my decision of the Kicks over the 2019 Veloster and 2018 Kona. Kicks stands out on looks. Upclose the 2019 Veloster looks boring and maybe even unattractive compared to the gen 1 versions, really surprised by this. I love the look of the gen 1 Veloster, the gen 2 version look very similar in pictures, but up close the new curves and with modified styling seem off.

I think 2018 is the year of vehicles with side burns (aka floating roof). On the Kicks depending on the color, the side burns blend in. On other vehicles they really look like colored side burns.

·
Read Only
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cars are funny, tastes change over time and sometimes a porcelain image of a desired vehicles just shatters on you. Had my heart set on Miatia RF until I drove it. It was a great ride, but not very practical for a daily commute (hard to see out off, not place to put stuff like a drink, etc). My wife had the old Rav with the ribbed plastic on bottom, I liked that car. I think the next generation Rav 4 will be pretty big hit, its like mini version of FJ Cruiser.

Sunday night i took the moped to the Nissan & Hyduai dealerships to verify my decision of the Kicks over the 2019 Veloster and 2018 Kona. Kicks stands out on looks. Upclose the 2019 Veloster looks boring and maybe even unattractive compared to the gen 1 versions, really surprised by this. I love the look of the gen 1 Veloster, the gen 2 version look very similar in pictures, but up close the new curves and with modified styling seem off.

I think 2018 is the year of vehicles with side burns (aka floating roof). On the Kicks depending on the color, the side burns blend in. On other vehicles they really look like colored side burns.
So true about changing tastes. I am old enough to remember when two tones were very popular. Most were happy to see that styling go by the 60's. Will be interesting to see how well it catches on now.

·
Read Only
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got to see a White Kicks S today. There was also a white SR there too. Agree the orange inside was not attractive in the SR.

Not sure I like the white S as much as I thought I would. Probably would go with gray or silver because it blends better with the black trim. But to be fair the S was not prepped yet and the wheels were covered in plastic with no wheel covers and a plastic protector on the hood.

The exterior of the white SR looked very nice. Showroom ready and parked out in the sun, I was wowed as I drove up.

I also took a short test drive in the S. It was peppier than I thought it would be. Not bad at all and you can feel the slight changes in "gears" which which I think is an improvement in their CVT.

·
Registered
239 Posts
IMO an interior that pays homage to what Nismo is able to do (aside from the great contrast between colors), I really think this will be a good move. Similar to what Scion did to the iA sedan.;

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nissan was able to be a big shipment through customs this month hit the Midwest this mid this week. I was able to pick up my SR Premium today. While waiting endlessly for financing on a pre negotiated price (dealer invoice) and a pre negotiated financing (June 2017 0% for 60 months), I was able to play in interior for 1.5 hours going through the dash options etc. So far the coolest feature that I did not think i would like at all is the 360 camera. Pulling the vehicle into my tight garage for the first time was spot on for how much room there was available on all 4 sides of the vehicle. The oddest thing in the car so far is the center dash console has grey accent thread the on the pleather while the rest car has orange accent thread on the pleather. The second oddest thing is the two usb ports in the center console which have a logo of a battery on them, while 18 inch up console the center dash usb port logo is that of usb port.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The arm rest did not feel ask cheap as it looks. I broke a similar looking arm rest as a teenager in a dodge caravan growing up so maybe I some bias against arm rests.

My phone just fits in the center console, this might change if the phone is plugged into the usb port. I have a microsoft phone and the car display showed me that I had 15 new emails via just a blue tooth connection, however there seems to be no way to see the individual emails. It will be interesting to see what options do not work when connected via usb on the microsoft phone.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts