Nissan Kicks Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I just purchased a new 2021 Kicks. I was looking into buying steel wheels to mount 4 snow tires. My car has 17" alloy wheels with 5 studs. Oddly, everything that I look up shows that Kicks only have 4 studs - see picture of my wheel showing 5 studs, and chart below showing Kicks only having 4 studs.

It would appear that they started using alloy wheels with 5 lug nuts in 2021, but I cannot get any info on wheel size. Does anybody confirm the 17" wheel 5 lug nut bolt circle diameter (I suspect 114.3 mm), and hub diameter (I suspect 60.1 mm), and wheel offset (I suspect 45 mm). Thanks for your time, and might help someone else down the line.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE: Strange: The listing from MyCar shows the wheels on the 2021 Kicks SR to be a 5 x 114.3 bolt circle with a hub diameter of 60.1 mm. However, to be on the safe side before I ordered steel wheels for my snow tires, I actually jacked up the car and removed a wheel to check the accuracy. I measured the hub using a digital micrometer and found it is actually 66.1 mm, not 60.1 mm. For the snow tires, I wanted to go down 1 wheel size to 16" instead of 17", in order to mount 205/60-16 winter tires. In the end, I bought 4 steel wheels that were 16", 5 x 114.3 and 66.1 mm hub diameter, and they fit perfectly. Go figure.

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Kicks SV
30 Posts
Kinda odd that the specs for a new car would be so wrong :/
I am happy you double checked!

·
Registered
39 Posts
UPDATE: Strange: The listing from MyCar shows the wheels on the 2021 Kicks SR to be a 5 x 114.3 bolt circle with a hub diameter of 60.1 mm. However, to be on the safe side before I ordered steel wheels for my snow tires, I actually jacked up the car and removed a wheel to check the accuracy. I measured the hub using a digital micrometer and found it is actually 66.1 mm, not 60.1 mm. For the snow tires, I wanted to go down 1 wheel size to 16" instead of 17", in order to mount 205/60-16 winter tires. In the end, I bought 4 steel wheels that were 16", 5 x 114.3 and 66.1 mm hub diameter, and they fit perfectly. Go figure.

I do wish my 2020 was 5x114.3 (AKA 5x4.5) Instead I have 4x100 which limits my wheel options and resale ability.... at least it came with Black Wheels from the factory...

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Kicks SV
30 Posts
I do wish my 2020 was 5x114.3 (AKA 5x4.5) Instead I have 4x100 which limits my wheel options and resale ability.... at least it came with Black Wheels from the factory...
You may be able to procure a bolt pattern adapter(spacer), BUT you will then need a more dramatic offset rim.
OR, maybe the hubs can be changed out on the 2020 and 2021?

·
Registered
39 Posts
You may be able to procure a bolt pattern adapter(spacer), BUT you will then need a more dramatic offset rim.
OR, maybe the hubs can be changed out on the 2020 and 2021?

Yeah, I was going to check if Hubs could be replaced. Obviously this is a greater expense. As for wheel adapters, I could for sure do that. I could just get a Higher wheel offset to ensure that the fitment is still flush.

For a Nissan Kicks, I do not think I want to go this route though lol.... (either way)

I already have an issue with the wheels I have in terms of resale value.

They are 5x120 with a Hub Bore of 64.1. The wheels could always have the center bore increased to allow for more vehicle options though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts