Nissan Kicks Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellas!! My wife recently bought a 2021 Nissan Kicks SV (1 month ago actually) , she’s done about 2200kms "1000 miles approx" and so far so good , well except for a little issue that began this morning let me explain ...
She went to the gas station and put 30$ in , since then the fuel gauge went a little bit under 1/4 tank up "usually it’s a bit more" , a few blocks later the DTE "Distance Till Empty" went to no data " 3 little bars instead : - - - " , she went to work then came back home , fuel gauge didn’t moved at all since she last fueled in the morning, DTE still no data.
So I decided to go somewhere near my house where there’s few water pipes halfway out the asphalt acting like back to back speed bumps, did a few low speed runs (goal was to shake the fuel inside the tank therefore forcing the fuel tank sensor to move ) , after few runs the fuel gauge went down two notches but the DTE Still off ,
Any ideas what’s going on ?
thanks
Chris

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi fellas!! My wife recently bought a 2021 Nissan Kicks SV (1 month ago actually) , she’s done about 2200kms "1000 miles approx" and so far so good , well except for a little issue that began this morning let me explain ...
She went to the gas station and put 30$ in , since then the fuel gauge went a little bit under 1/4 tank up "usually it’s a bit more" , a few blocks later the DTE "Distance Till Empty" went to no data " 3 little bars instead : - - - " , she went to work then came back home , fuel gauge didn’t moved at all since she last fueled in the morning, DTE still no data.
So I decided to go somewhere near my house where there’s few water pipes halfway out the asphalt acting like back to back speed bumps, did a few low speed runs (goal was to shake the fuel inside the tank therefore forcing the fuel tank sensor to move ) , after few runs the fuel gauge went down two notches but the DTE Still off ,
Any ideas what’s going on ?
thanks
Chris
Take it to the dealer my info / stereo ect went black these cars seem to have some electrical issues

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Kicks SV
35 Posts
I second Magna's suggestion. I used the dealerships loaner car for a day (2019 Kicks) and its DTE showed 56km at full tank 😆
And never adjusted, though the fuel indicator did adjust, the DTE did not.

More than likely a warranty issue so you should be fine and kick'ing the streets again soon :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts