Nissan Kicks Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm wondering if anyone had installed the fog light column switch on an SR and separated the relays and chords that connect the wires? My 2021 SR had the fog lights, but they only come on as DRL at the moment.

TIA for any help!

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Kicks SV
30 Posts
I am not sure about the 2021, but my 2020 has 2 bulbs in the fog light assembly. 1 is DRL the other is fog light.
When I first got my car I was confused too, but then when I looked closer there are 2 separate bulbs.

Take a look at yours and let me know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not sure about the 2021, but my 2020 has 2 bulbs in the fog light assembly. 1 is DRL the other is fog light.
When I first got my car I was confused too, but then when I looked closer there are 2 separate bulbs.

Take a look at yours and let me know.
I had a look at it. I haven't taken off the cover but it looks like only one bulb is in there. The covers are pretty hazed, so I might have to look at the specs.

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Kicks SV
30 Posts
I had a look at it. I haven't taken off the cover but it looks like only one bulb is in there. The covers are pretty hazed, so I might have to look at the specs.
So, I did some research. You likely have LED Fog/DRL and Headlights. So they would be one in the same.
Now to answer your question, my Kicks has the column mounted fog switch, and it operates independent of the auto lighting features on the Kicks. I have a hunch that he kicks light systems is not just simple relays and fuses, but actually a function in the computer. My hunch is based on the light sensing system in the kicks on the driver side and in front of the rear view mirror.

The manual for the 2021 kicks also calls the lights DRL not fog. They are only activated when the auto lighting system is on, or when headlights are turned off. (Page 2-48)

To achieve what I assume you are after, which is independent fog lighting, you may be better off looking at after market options.
Hopefully someone who attempted what you are after will respond soon :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so much for your help. I was hoping it would be easier, but alas, nothing you want ever is. I'll keep watch on this post and hopefully I'll get some answers 😊

1 - 5 of 5 Posts