Nissan Kicks Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 2020 Kicks SV for my first 5,000 oil change & tire rotation when I went online to make service appt. said I had a recall some computer update. So I go to appt. sit there for 1 1\2 service advisor comes out & says my cars having trouble with update and will be a few more minutes sometimes it takes a couple times. So I sit there another 1/2 he comes back & says my computer keeps freezing I will have to leave my car because they can't unhook it and they will have to call Nissan. Has this happened to anyone else???

·
Registered
37 Posts
Took my 2020 Kicks SV for my first 5,000 oil change & tire rotation when I went online to make service appt. said I had a recall some computer update. So I go to appt. sit there for 1 1\2 service advisor comes out & says my cars having trouble with update and will be a few more minutes sometimes it takes a couple times. So I sit there another 1/2 he comes back & says my computer keeps freezing I will have to leave my car because they can't unhook it and they will have to call Nissan. Has this happened to anyone else???

I just got my 2020 Nissan Kicks. Were you able to get this resolved? Do you know what version the software was prior to the update and after the update?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes -they were able to get it updated. It is a ECM update when I looked it up it said letters for affected vehicles will go out in June the dealer already had mine flagged for update so thats why I went ahead and had it done. Now my tire pressure light is on after having tires rotated last week checked tire pressure and is fine. I love the car but I am beginning to think I made a mistake.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes -they were able to get it updated. It is a ECM update when I looked it up it said letters for affected vehicles will go out in June the dealer already had mine flagged for update so thats why I went ahead and had it done. Now my tire pressure light is on after having tires rotated last week checked tire pressure and is fine. I love the car but I am beginning to think I made a mistake.

Oh sweet. Good to hear. I know ECU/ECM are fickle at times... what issues were they noticing? Or did they just flag it as needing an update.

As for your TPMS sensors... that's not a Nissan thing. This is an issue industry wide with direct Hi-TPMS sensors (High means it gives you tire pressure readings) Rotating the tires the computer thinks the tire now no longer has pressure because of it's location via radio frequency (RF) IT is actually -VERY- easy and very doable on your own to re-learn the TPMS sensors.

I -think- our user manual shows you how to do this actually. The process involves setting it into a "learn mode" filling up with pressure and letting the pressure out manually, and then filling back up.

Do not think you made a mistake. This happens to every vendor across the industry (I used to be a store manager at a tire and wheel shop) I am probably going to upgrade my tires to 225/50R17 on the black stock wheels though because I think the car wanders with the narrow tires.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh sweet. Good to hear. I know ECU/ECM are fickle at times... what issues were they noticing? Or did they just flag it as needing an update.

As for your TPMS sensors... that's not a Nissan thing. This is an issue industry wide with direct Hi-TPMS sensors (High means it gives you tire pressure readings) Rotating the tires the computer thinks the tire now no longer has pressure because of it's location via radio frequency (RF) IT is actually -VERY- easy and very doable on your own to re-learn the TPMS sensors.

I -think- our user manual shows you how to do this actually. The process involves setting it into a "learn mode" filling up with pressure and letting the pressure out manually, and then filling back up.

Do not think you made a mistake. This happens to every vendor across the industry (I used to be a store manager at a tire and wheel shop) I am probably going to upgrade my tires to 225/50R17 on the black stock wheels though because I think the car wanders with the narrow tires

Do not think you made a mistake. This happens to every vendor across the industry (I used to be a store manager at a tire and wheel shop) I am probably going to upgrade my tires to 225/50R17 on the black stock wheels though because I think the car wanders with the narrow tires.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The update is a POA09 Kicks ECM Repro you can look up the service bulletin your car may need it to. My tire pressure light did go off my boyfriend let some out of each one they were filled more than 32psi.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The update is a POA09 Kicks ECM Repro you can look up the service bulletin your car may need it to. My tire pressure light did go off my boyfriend let some out of each one they were filled more than 32psi.

I did a quick check and I did not see anything for my car.... I will look more in depth. I know these Recalls are fickle.... However, I picked my Kicks up with 33 miles on it (my last 3 brand new cars had 9, 9 and 8 on them) so it is possible that the update has already been done on mine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts