Nissan Kicks Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend has a 2019 Kicks SV but the headlights are very dim. There's no technical problem with them (no hazy enclosure or reduced voltage going to the lamps), so we're looking to upgrade them and unsure of the best option.

Can we replace/retrofit the OEM SR headlight assembly to the SV (is the wiring harness the same, are there other potential issues)? It's an expansive option, but is it even available?
Is the cheaper option to retrofit the bulbs with brighter aftermarket LEDs - and if so, which brand is good an reliable?

Any insights or thoughts would be welcome. Thanks!

· Registered
2020 Nissan Kicks SV
71 Posts
I can't answer your question about wire harness differences, but I can share some experience.
My Kicks stock lights are "acceptable", not amazing. And they are even perfectly adjusted for my needs.
On my past vehicles, I had mixed results with LED's due to them needing a lens to be as effective or better than halogen. Without a lens the LED's are just crappy short range flood lights.
For LED's, I have used BrightSource and Sylvania. Both kinda meh without a lens.
For Halogens, I use the extra bright Philips, and they are pretty solid. 4 choices depending on your preference :)
Rectangle Font Screenshot Number Multimedia

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't answer your question about wire harness differences, but I can share some experience.
My Kicks stock lights are "acceptable", not amazing. And they are even perfectly adjusted for my needs.
On my past vehicles, I had mixed results with LED's due to them needing a lens to be as effective or better than halogen. Without a lens the LED's are just crappy short range flood lights.
For LED's, I have used BrightSource and Sylvania. Both kinda meh without a lens.
For Halogens, I use the extra bright Philips, and they are pretty solid. 4 choices depending on your preference :)
View attachment 308
This is SUPER helpful! Thanks for taking the time to reply. And it confirms what I was already starting to figure on my own: That an LED upgrade is a lot trickier than folks who haven't done it (or who sell LED bulbs) lead on. And that a name-brand, bright halogen replacement is not only the less-expensive option - but also far less complicated.

Big KUDOS to you! Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts