Nissan Kicks Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Will throw on a dedicated winter wheel/tire combo and I want OEM sensors. Was told by the dealer something odd and wanted other owners opinion. I was told aftermarket sensors can be relearned just by driving 10 km or so however with OEM sensors the vehicle actually needs a tool for the reset to take place.

That is the first time I heard the OEM sensors needs a tool vs aftermarket that is just drive and learn.

Any info that can be offered by other owners?

Thanks

Registered
I'm curious as well. However it's pretty sad here. Nobody really answers questions here. Its a lonely place. 馃槥

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
so, i guess will have to answer my own question

was told by multiple dealerships as well as 3rd party

: factory tpms needs to be reset with their big ol 'tool' which they charge $50 a pop for the 4 tires to be relearned. kinda dumb as gm and other brands do this for FREE
: aftermarket tpms can be CLONED to your original sensors. so the big ol 'tool' isn't needed. just switch out the tires and the car does not know anything different. of course it will relearn the different tire positions after a rotation etc.

was again told this by nissan dealerships. one even stated the nissan oem method is stupid and just stick to aftermarket. LOL

hope anywho found this useful

: should state, i just got mine off amazon.ca. had them put in and all is fine for the past few days. aliexpress etc i'm sure would have for even less but customer service for those types of sites is horrible. major buyer beware on aliexpress.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts