Quirks and Features of the Kicks - Nissan Kicks Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By eta
  • 1 Post By eta

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
eta

Quirks and Features of the Kicks

Here are few neat features I have discovered after driving the Kicks SR for awhile. It is quite amazing the amount of features and thoughtfulness put into for such an inexpensive car.

- If you have the wipers on and you put the Kicks in reverse, the rear wiper automatically turns on.
- Intermittent wipers are speed sensitive.
- Brightness of gauges, infotainment screen can be independently adjusted. They are independent of the headlight setting. Ambient light sensors in the cabin will adjust the brightness.
- Auto headlights with sensitivity adjustment and adjustable shutdown time after engine off.
- Stomp on the gas peddle, the CVT will fake shift like a regular auto tranny. Step lightly on the gas peddle, you get smooth CVT.
- Driving down hill, the transmission will auto engine brake.
- Bose headrest surround speakers focus sound to appear in front of the driver, like home HiFi system. Most high end car audio just get louder and cleaner, but doesn't make the sound appear to come from the front.

Please share any you have discovered.
Handyandy likes this.

Last edited by eta; 12-09-2018 at 06:16 PM.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
eta

- Press the hatch lift handle twice to unlatch and open the hatch only.
- Little button next to hatch lift handle function like the door latch button. You lock and unlock all door from the hatch. How convenient is that.
Handyandy likes this.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 02:36 AM Thread Starter
eta

Digital gauge can be set to metric or imperial. Nice to have when traveling between US and Canada. Main analog gauge can display one type of speed and the digital gauge can display the other.

The Kicks is quite a pleasant highway cruiser, been on the highway for 6 hours this week. Two 3 hour runs. Highway noise is relatively low, and I have the awesome premium Bose sound system to pass the time.

The armrest is perfectly positioned for resting your elbow with the hand at the 3 o'clock on the wheel. The steer is just responsive and light enough to just steer with your wrist at this hand and arm position. Very effortless.
The center console is padded for resting your knee with cruise control set.

Best cruising speed seem to be around 65 to 70mph with the engine at around 2000rpm. At this point, engine is the smoothest and fuel efficient.

Last edited by eta; 01-27-2019 at 02:40 AM.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 02:12 PM

Really appreciate all these insights eta. The amount of tech that Nissan has managed to package together at such an affordable price is outstanding. How are you finding those Bose headrests, because I have heard some complaints about their ergonomics.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
eta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justforkicks View Post
Really appreciate all these insights eta. The amount of tech that Nissan has managed to package together at such an affordable price is outstanding. How are you finding those Bose headrests, because I have heard some complaints about their ergonomics.

Thanks Justforkicks. I find the Bose headrests softer the cradle the head a bit more then the stock headrest, like the one on the passenger side. I have no comfort issues. Also you have to remember, the headrest's main purpose is to prevent whiplash during a collision. You should set it so it will have a direct contact at the back of the head; it will not be supportive of other areas of the head or neck. No comfy pillows happening here. Maybe an aftermarket cushion can be added to help your comfort.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 10:40 AM

I got the rubber floor mats and if they creep up a bit, the steering column appears to be rubbing on it, especially when I'm going in reverse. It makes a slight thumping sound and I can also feel it at my feet.

Anyone else?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 10:41 AM

The ridge over the stereo acts as a perfect cell phone holder if you turn your phone horizontally.

I love this unintended feature.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Kicks Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page