Any Problems - Nissan Kicks Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

Any Problems

I bought a kicks almost a month ago. Anybody had a problem with the sensors not working? We get a crash sensor warning and a notice that says see owners manual. Dealer has checked all connections, wires and even got info from a Nissan direct engineer and he said replace the main computer for the car which they did. And it still isn't fixed.

This was my daughters first new car. This problem has killed the joy of getting her first NEW car. Nissan dealer is lost. Anybody had this problem or heard of it?

The dealer has had this car more than we have. Daughter drove it for 10 days before taking it in. Dealer is on 14 days now.
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 10:08 PM

That's never good to have a issue so soon and to not be able to get it fixed even more annoying.
Let's hope that Nissan techs can get to the bottom of it.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 08:38 AM

I bought my SR on 9/22/2018 and did not have the optional impact sensors installed. If these are the sensors that are causing the crash warning, then sorry, this feedback does not help you troubleshoot. All of the other sensors (cameras, blind spot warning, emergency breaking, etc.) seem to work fine on my car. Is it the impact sensor that is causing your problem?

When I checked on impact sensors, I noticed it's a hundred (US) dollar option. Here is what the impact sensors are supposed to do: Impact sensors are designed to detect instances of sudden impact or severe vibration.

- Provides a quick chirp of the horn when a small impact is detected.
- Full alarm activated when attempted wheel theft or break in is detected
- Provides audible alert on start up if an impact was detected while you were away

I would suggest to the dealer that they uninstall this option and refund the difference. Fourteen days is excess.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 12:27 PM

This sounds more like a software than hardware issue. Interesting that their first thought was to replace your cars computer. It must be a brand new issue for the model and unfortunately your daughters car has become the guinea pig in their effort to address it. Let us know if you're given an update.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 04:26 PM

Unfortunately I have seen cases like this where just going through the dealer wasn't good enough, sometimes contacting corporate gets you more answers or more accountability to the dealer.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 06:48 PM

Had a similar situation on my kicks sr where my front sensor was obstructed and was never working. Took it to the dealer the first time and they said that just kinda happens then took it back about a month later to have it looked at again and turns out it was a bad sensor and had to get it replaced after that no issue at all. Maybe the sensor itself needs to be replaced
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 11:16 AM

We have been having some heavy, wet snow here this past week, and I found the front radar sensor throws out an error about blockage when there is snow in the front badge or driving in heavy snow. It disables the feature, lights a collision warning light on the instrument panel, and the front icon on the image of the car turns yellow. I guess that is to be expected with this technology. Other then the dissmissable warning message and icons it's not a real issue for me. I've never had that feature on any car I've owned in the past so I can live without it on this car until the snow stops.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 09:27 PM

Massive sock today, windscreen just cracked from bottom to middle of the glass.
Cost of windscreen $2200 Lucky have insurance policy that covers glass.
Have to say for simple little car that is one **** of a price for a windscreen.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 09:38 AM

Jumping in to add another front sensor. My "unavailable front radar obstruction" warning kept popping up on my dash daily, for about 5 minutes at a time. I took it to Nissan, and they said that because I replaced my turn signal bulbs with LED bulbs, it may have interfered with the system (which is absurd). So I had to replace the OEM bulbs back in and take it back. At which point they admitted it was a bad front sensor and replaced it. No problems with the sensor since replacing.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 01:04 PM

I'm a new Kicks owner and learning the vehicle. Anyway I came across something last night that I don't especially like. It's the door unlock feature at night. We stopped to check out some Christmas lights and my passenger door was locked and couldn't find the unlock switch in the dark. I found the upper cabin light switch and located the small unlighted door switch. This could be a safety problem if you need a quick exit. Not sure why they didn't add a lighted switch. Also could a person get out of the vehicle if it has an electrical failure. As with anything new there are some bugs to work out. I still miss having a oil and temperature gauge. My Kicks doesn't have the advanced instrumentation features. Overall I like the new Kicks and the good gas milage.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Kicks Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in