Nissan Kicks Forum banner

Engine Cover for Kicks HR16DE

19K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  aaronq01 
#1 ·
These cars don't have the plastic engine cover. The engine is common as it is used in other Nissans.
I can understand that functionally it does't need it since the engine sits high up and is not prone to water splashing on it. Most of the time that plastic cover is to keep water away from the electrical components of the engine.
But I still would have liked the option to purchase the cover as an accessory. I saw some chinese knockoffs on ebay. Anyone try these? How is the quality? Can it take the heat? Do they look good?

#12 ·
If I want to install mine, I have to fab all mounts ... See, different markets, different parts, same engine

#15 ·
I purchased my engine cover from Amazon. This cover came with the ball studs that threads into the intake manifold but if you’re lucky your intake manifold will come with all 4 brass threaded inserts. Mine came with only two so I had to purchase extra brass thread inserts for the top two. I used a soldering tool to heat them and pushed them in. I have used JB weld in the past to have it hold them in but I decided to use heat this time and both ways works great. I’ll put the items that I used below just in case someone needs help finding them. For the soldering tips inserts I bumped my temperature to 650 because 300 wasn’t cutting it even though it states not to exceed 300 degrees.
- Soldering iron
-Brass threaded inserts: J&J Products, Inc M6 Brass Insert 20pcs,9.5mm OD
-Soldering tips: Ruthex 7x Soldering Tips/Heat-Set Insert Tips