Engine Cover for Kicks HR16DE - Nissan Kicks Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
kickinit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Posts: 7
Cool Engine Cover for Kicks HR16DE

These cars don't have the plastic engine cover. The engine is common as it is used in other Nissans.
I can understand that functionally it does't need it since the engine sits high up and is not prone to water splashing on it. Most of the time that plastic cover is to keep water away from the electrical components of the engine.
But I still would have liked the option to purchase the cover as an accessory. I saw some chinese knockoffs on ebay. Anyone try these? How is the quality? Can it take the heat? Do they look good?
kickinit is offline  
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 08:27 PM
Member
 
Bovard1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickinit View Post
These cars don't have the plastic engine cover. The engine is common as it is used in other Nissans.
I can understand that functionally it does't need it since the engine sits high up and is not prone to water splashing on it. Most of the time that plastic cover is to keep water away from the electrical components of the engine.
But I still would have liked the option to purchase the cover as an accessory. I saw some chinese knockoffs on ebay. Anyone try these? How is the quality? Can it take the heat? Do they look good?
My Ebay one fits great!
It's just the look,no functionality at all.
That is why they do not have them from factory.
Bovard1 is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 04:51 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 9
I have the same cover as Bovard1... Fits great and looks so much better... Only issue I had was finding the 2 inserts for the back... The 2 front ones came with the vehicle... Also takes a while to get from China...
Triffid is offline  
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 08:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 238
Its crazy how automakers cheap out when they need to. A factory engine cover couldn't cost that much. Why Nissan!
ontherun is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 09:48 PM
eta
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontherun View Post
Its crazy how automakers cheap out when they need to. A factory engine cover couldn't cost that much. Why Nissan!

This is an inexpensive car. I am fine with no engine cover. Cooler running engine & easier for servicing.
eta is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 05:39 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by eta View Post
This is an inexpensive car. I am fine with no engine cover. Cooler running engine & easier for servicing.
Well I like to have a clean engine bay and that cover helps a lot. Much easier and faster to wash the engine bay with a cover protects the vitals from water getting in.
ontherun is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 12:34 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 19
Can someone post a pic of their cover? Thanks!
Flm09 is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 07:35 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 10
Anybody figure out the inserts for the back section of the engine cover from China. It's looks great and it stays on fine with just the front mounts but it would be cool to get correct inserts for the back.
Izzy is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 07:46 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 9
I found the inserts at a local fastener store... Easy to match up... I love my engine cover!!
Triffid is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 09:42 AM
Member
 
Bovard1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 38
Here is mine
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190128_203121_1567514646445.jpg (131.7 KB, 14 views)
Bovard1 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Kicks Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Underbody Lower Engine Shield? moses Engine and Technical Discussion 3 07-25-2019 04:55 PM
Nissan Kicks Engine? KickBacks Engine and Technical Discussion 23 12-13-2018 03:01 PM
Nissan Kicks Quick Overview KicksAdmin 2018+ Nissan Kicks News 1 07-17-2017 09:16 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome