2018 Nissan Kicks SR ISSUES - Nissan Kicks Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

2018 Nissan Kicks SR issues: This model was available in July 2018, and I purchased end of July 2018.

- Speaker/dash buzzing/rattling (happens majority of time with Bluetooth) - sounds like the left front door panel is vibrating against dash panel. Driving me insane. I’ve been in 4-5 times, replaced foot panel, replaced speaker, nothing has helped!
- Door bracket rattling (had the b pillar tightened on both sides)
- Vents incorrectly adjusted (does not defog) - UPDATE: manufacturer didn’t adjust the flow of air correctly. Had to get it adjusted.
- On-screen and dash glitches (screen goes blank) UPDATE: told stereo updated only available in US. Now available in Canada.
- Keyless entry locked me out, out not open doors
- Warning signs on dash appearing and disappearing
- Microscratches on inside of the screen, everywhere. Checked 2018 models, all I’ve seen had same scratches. NO SCRATCHES on 2019 dash.
- Urge to project forward
- Switching gears
- Awful customer care
- Subpar attention given in dealership
- TOWED within the first 6 months!
- absolutely no willingness to replace the vehicle after already 5 trips to the service department in 6 months.
- Alternator dead, dip stick issue? 3 week back order on alternator to replace. Got car back after 3 weeks, and noticed 90% of my dash screen is splotchy. Looks like condensation/air on the inner screen? Waiting for dealer to look at it again.
UPDATE: dealer had to replace alternator, said all the weird glitches were due to alternator.

Has anyone had similar issues at all??
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Is this weird condensation/splotting happening to anyone else?

I have never EVER applied any cleaning agent to this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 658D6197-D079-4E5A-B80D-9000BB2ECC18_1552675026112.jpg (90.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 8DC2C2D6-1DBB-40EA-856C-2B9E302BB0C6_1552675042569.jpg (97.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg FE5ED363-9128-46E9-A692-DC5C24348ABD_1552675058383.jpg (91.1 KB, 19 views)
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 10:48 PM

And I was thinking I was having issues.
Had the alternator issue, died and left me at side of road.
When you say switching gears what do you mean could you high light what you are have happen.
The keyless entry I am afraid is a common issue across all manufacturers, I had a jeep that would do that at one spot in a car park.
Nowhere else just one spot, stopped parking there and never happened again, to many signals and poor brain for keyless cant cope, had the kicks do it once in similar area.
Had the screen go blank on the radio when using android play couple of times, brought a good quality USB lead and never happened again.
My dealer sorry to say has been great, Nissan on the other hand CRAP.
Opened a customer care case had one call to see if issue fixed and they never followed it up when I said no. Did give me 500 bucks service credit for accessories.
Let's hope you get some progress on the issues.
Yes not having lemon laws in Canada is a joke, its you against Nissan and your never going to win that one.
I lease my one so not the end of the world but would like something near fit for purpose.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyandy View Post
And I was thinking I was having issues.
Had the alternator issue, died and left me at side of road.
When you say switching gears what do you mean could you high light what you are have happen.
The keyless entry I am afraid is a common issue across all manufacturers, I had a jeep that would do that at one spot in a car park.
Nowhere else just one spot, stopped parking there and never happened again, to many signals and poor brain for keyless cant cope, had the kicks do it once in similar area.
Had the screen go blank on the radio when using android play couple of times, brought a good quality USB lead and never happened again.
My dealer sorry to say has been great, Nissan on the other hand CRAP.
Opened a customer care case had one call to see if issue fixed and they never followed it up when I said no. Did give me 500 bucks service credit for accessories.
Let's hope you get some progress on the issues.
Yes not having lemon laws in Canada is a joke, its you against Nissan and your never going to win that one.
I lease my one so not the end of the world but would like something near fit for purpose.
Thanks for your reply. Happy that I’m not the only one, but sad that this is happening to all of us in a new car 😞 I’m really not impressed!

Every time I switch from reverse to drive, if I don’t wait at least 2-3 seconds to “allow time for the shift to happen” I get thrusted into gear. Apparently they attributed that to the alternator as well.

As for the blank screen, it happens randomly and doesn’t really matter if there is something plugged in or not. Literally just had to give it time, and cycle my car in and off and it would eventually come back in. Again, they attributed this to the “update” and hopefully it won’t happen again.

With the remote key thing, it’s happened 2 times with me on my driveway standing right in front of the car. So I’m not sure that this situation is the same as yours. This car definitely acts weird when it wants to.

As for my dealer, they haven’t been helpful at all. In fact, they’ve been unresponsive and unwilling. Nissan Canada is even worse. Wouldn’t let me escalate the situation. Finally after much back and forth, they offered me an additional year warranty which I still don’t think is fair. I cringe at the thought of being outside warranty with all the issues I’m already having.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 05:07 PM

The shifting issue is different to my issue, but have to say of late I have noticed an odd whining from the transmission, so going to keep an eye on that one see if I can pin point when and where it happens.
Hopefully the software update fixes the radio issue.

My issue with customer care which I hate to have to say it, was that I could not understand the two representatives where saying. Spent more time trying to just get across what the issue was then dealing with how to move forward on the issue.
Got more frustrated just trying to deal with them, than the car issues.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 03:57 AM
eta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia.paniccia View Post

Sorry to hear about all the troubles you are having with your Kicks. Wow that is a lot of problems.
So far my Kicks SR have been good to me, cross my fingers.
Hearing about the alternator problems Handyandy had, I order a cigarette 12V USB plug with voltage reading just to keep an eye on the battery condition.

Looks like the anti-reflective coating on the screen is rubbing off. These coatings should be relatively durable, but certain strong cleaner can be rough on them. One needs to treat the screen like you would your glasses or camera lenses, use soft microfiber cloth, dampened with just water or very mild glass cleaner if needed.

Last edited by eta; 03-18-2019 at 04:07 AM.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 04:17 AM
eta

Quote:

You might have defective anti-reflective coating on your screen. Looks like a lot of it came off. Definitely get the dealer/Nissan to replace it.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 09:24 PM

Good idea on the volt meter, dont understand why there isn't one on a menu.
If the alternator does die you don't have long before things go mental once battery voltage is near to 10 volts game over.
I can't believe 3 weeks to get parts thats mad.
Glad my dealer went the extra mile and swapped one out.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 11:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eta View Post
Quote:

You might have defective anti-reflective coating on your screen. Looks like a lot of it came off. Definitely get the dealer/Nissan to replace it.
UPDATE: dealer ordering a new screen for me. They checked it out and FINALLY agreed that the “laminate looks like it’s separating”. Geezzzzz!
Handyandy likes this.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 09:33 PM

Good to hear the dealer finally did the right think.
How's the other issues going any resolution there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Kicks Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page