Nissan Kicks Forum banner

Phone mount

14K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  MaxPower59 
#1 ·
Looking for a good idea or place to mount my phone.
Post pictures if your already using a good mount.
I do find that the android auto still needs you to be able to access the phone to make full use of some apps.
Found couple times with phone plugged into the USB port it crashes the complete radio unit.
Maybe just be USB lead being poor quality.

Thanks

#2 ·
I've been thinking about getting a vent mount and putting it horizontally above the infotainment screen. Probably best to keep it near the USB port to keep the cable/clutter as minimal as possible. Magnetic mount might be the easiest way to get it to go sideways. Universal cradles are pretty cheap up on Amazon and they are far less bulky than the clips.

#3 ·
Looking for a good idea or place to mount my phone.
Post pictures if your already using a good mount.
I do find that the android auto still needs you to be able to access the phone to make full use of some apps.
Found couple times with phone plugged into the USB port it crashes the complete radio unit.
Maybe just be USB lead being poor floor.

Thanks
I use magnet vent type above radio
When useing heat,set too lower foot vent or defrost mode as to not cook my note 8

#4 · (Edited)
#6 ·
Not a lot of large/flat surfaces to stick on a good mount. The custom mount that is available kind of blocks the vents, and I've never liked that option.

So I've decided to go in a completely different direction. Since I have Apple Carplay, I bought a 1' phone cable and just plug the phone in and leave it in the "cubby" under the power port.

In theory, I should be able to "use" my phone via the touchscreen, at least for anything that I would be using it for, while driving.

#7 ·
Ended up going with the Scosche mount, does sort of work but end up with the phone in front of the heater controls or in way of shifter.
Still find I have to have acces to the phone. Android auto good but you can't search when using say Amazion prime music.

#9 ·
I'm using the TOPGO cup holder phone mount, it's amazing.

This product allows easy access to your mobile device. I love the extender on it. The adjustment wire is firm, adjustable and stays in place once adjusted as well. The phone holding piece adjusts easily and holds well too.

I can't say enough good things about this product. It's rare that I run across such a fine finished product.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.