Kelley Blue Book Review/Road Test - Nissan Kicks Forum
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By Matteo
  • 1 Post By Justforkicks
  • 2 Post By eta

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

Kelley Blue Book Review/Road Test

While its not the most capable subcompact to join the market, it is one of the best valued new vehicles. Highly customizable and much more appealing to the mass market than the Juke, the Kicks is well positioned to take some market share from segment rivals.
scotth67 likes this.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 01:15 PM

I appreciate the fact that Nissan went with such an unconventional design on the Juke, but I would have liked to have seen some it's powertrains borrowed for the Kicks. 125hp isn't going to make for the most thrilling driving experience.
scotth67 likes this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 03:00 AM
eta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justforkicks View Post
I appreciate the fact that Nissan went with such an unconventional design on the Juke, but I would have liked to have seen some it's powertrains borrowed for the Kicks. 125hp isn't going to make for the most thrilling driving experience.

Take most reviewers with a grain of salt. Most are spoiled from driving expensive luxury & sports cars on winding canyon roads and race tracks; while forgetting the common folks driving more affordable cars to and from work, stuck in rush hour traffic. Of the reviewers, Alex on Autos is more down to earth.

In the Kicks category of cars, fuel efficiency sells better than more horsepower. Where the Kicks nails it is in the packaging of the SV & SR. You get the important stuff that make that everyday commute much more pleasant. Stuff that one would usually find in luxury cars - Smart key, blind spot alert, 360 surround cam, remote start, premium stereo, etc.
Who knows, if the Kicks is a big hit, it is likely that Nissan might add a turbo power sports version.
ontherun and scotth67 like this.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eta View Post
Take most reviewers with a grain of salt. Most are spoiled from driving expensive luxury & sports cars on winding canyon roads and race tracks; while forgetting the common folks driving more affordable cars to and from work, stuck in rush hour traffic. Of the reviewers, Alex on Autos is more down to earth.

In the Kicks category of cars, fuel efficiency sells better than more horsepower. Where the Kicks nails it is in the packaging of the SV & SR. You get the important stuff that make that everyday commute much more pleasant. Stuff that one would usually find in luxury cars - Smart key, blind spot alert, 360 surround cam, remote start, premium stereo, etc.
Who knows, if the Kicks is a big hit, it is likely that Nissan might add a turbo power sports version.
It all comes down to experience and perspective, which none of them have. It becomes even clear once regular owners come along and correct them.
Motortrend has been one of the few consistently good publications, aside from that its the most independent guys that provide value.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

While I don't think they need to go quite as high as Nismo variant, I agree that a turbocharged model would be a great addition. This is a value oriented product, so Nissan was probably trying to avoid premium gas and the additional maintenance that comes along with owning a turbo.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Kicks Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page