Nissan Kicks May Be USA Bound - Nissan Kicks Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

Nissan Kicks May Be USA Bound

Nissanís Kicks crossover concept was first introduced at the Sao Paulo Motor Show and its production form debuted in Brazil last year. Now the automaker is thinking of adding it to their U.S. lineup, but no official decision has been made yet.

In an interview with WardsAuto, Michael Bunce (Vice President for Product Planning) said that he sees a future for the Kicks outside of Latin America.

"Certainly we see the opportunity for more mainstream crossovers that are less niche, and we see Honda and others in that space and are taking it very seriously", said Bunce.

If the Kicks does go on sale in the U.S., itíll most likely be less powerful than the outgoing Juke B-CUV but more affordable compared to its siblingís $20,250 price tag. That would put it in competition with the Honda HR-V, Chevy Trax and other models in the booming Small SUV segment.

Another unknown is if the Rio de Janeiro built CUV will outright replace the Juke or join Nissanís U.S. lineup as a separate model. Nissan may still be studying if the Juke ďremains in the (U.S.) market or not.Ē

When Nissan is ready, the Kicks nameplate will be waiting for them as the automaker has filed a trademark for it with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office back in 2014.
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 12:26 PM

Style wise, the Nissan Kicks could stand toe-to-toe with the Honda HR-V is the production model looks like the concept. But we could be waiting fro a while even with the trademark filed since those last a good 10 years before Nissan needs to renew it.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 11:54 AM

I can't see Nissan replacing the Juke with the Kicks, that model is just so iconic of the brand in NA.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 12:19 PM

I see a lot of back and forth on that online about if it will or if it won't. The Kicks does make more sense as it's more practical, lighter, etc. etc. we haven't even started on the looks department yet lol.

But I think it's a possibility. Why have two in the same segment?

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 04:03 PM

The Juke is definitely a big staple for Nissan but I feel like it may have served a long enough stay. It definitely is a really awkward looking vehicle and it's for a very niche market. The Kicks looks much more mainstream in the sense and will appeal to a broader market.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickBacks View Post
The Juke is definitely a big staple for Nissan but I feel like it may have served a long enough stay. It definitely is a really awkward looking vehicle and it's for a very niche market. The Kicks looks much more mainstream in the sense and will appeal to a broader market.
It has and lucky for them they already established the fact they can create a great CUV. If the Kicks replaces the Juke, Kicks will get all the potential Juke buyers. All they won't get is some funky styling, but that funky styling only appealed to a small number of folks.

Nissan is setting them selves up right this time around
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 04:45 PM

And then this thread pops up that says from sources familiar with Nissan's future product that the Juke will be getting killed off for the Kicks in North America after it's 2017 or 2018 model year

Nissan Will Kill Off Juke in North America, Get Its Kicks Elsewhere
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 11:44 AM

Carpscoops is saying something similar, that the Juke will be phased out and get replaced by the Kicks, that means we won't see anymore after this year. Makes sense of they only sold 986 units in the United States last month. Good for anyone who was eyeing a Juke as I assume they'll be discounted.

Iconic or not, it has to make way for profitable models like the new Kicks.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-28-2017, 11:36 PM

It was easy to see that from the start. Doesn't make sense to have two models that do the same thing especially when one is well overdue for a change. Juke couldn't go on any longer and I bet sales numbers show this. Better they kill it off now than later.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-03-2017, 06:10 PM

But I thought that was a rumor and the sources aren't from Nissan themselves so I won't put too much thought into it.

Quote:
According to two independent sources familiar with Nissanís future product plans who spoke with TTAC

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Kicks Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page