Factory Horn Replacement - Nissan Kicks Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By ontherun

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Factory Horn Replacement

The factory horn is anemic. Has anyone swapped out the factory horn for a better one? If so, what did you use?
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 11:35 AM

I would have a look at some aftermarket horns from Hella or Wolo. There aren't too expensive and are usually fairly simple to install.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

Upon further inspection, I see a 2nd stud for another horn, but the wiring is only set up for 1. I'm now wondering if I can create a wiring harness that sends the current and ground to 2 horns without messing up the circuit. I guess it's "Trial and Error" time now. Also, I adjusted the screw on the horn to get a little more volume.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 12:34 PM

Is this your first Japanese vehicle? The pitiful horn found in the Kicks is on par with what you get in any foreign car.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 04:05 PM

Hella horns have always been my go to. Its a Subaru enthusiast thing but seems fitting for the Mustang.
scotth67 likes this.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

Matteo, this not the first. I had an Xterra that the Kicks is replacing and I still have a 2006.5 350Z. Both of those Nissans have good horns. Even my old 1984 Toyota pickup had a better horn from the factory. This one is on par for one of my old motorcycle horns. It really is a poor excuse for a horn.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotth67 View Post
Upon further inspection, I see a 2nd stud for another horn, but the wiring is only set up for 1. I'm now wondering if I can create a wiring harness that sends the current and ground to 2 horns without messing up the circuit. I guess it's "Trial and Error" time now. Also, I adjusted the screw on the horn to get a little more volume.
Haven't purchased the shop manuals yet ($495???) so how do you get to the horns. Have replace them on other cars in the past but I knew were there where.

Thanks
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

The horn is at the front just behind the support bar that runs across the front that the hood latch is on. The horn is closer to the passenger side (US version). It's very easy to see.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 04:32 PM

Thanks
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 04:26 PM

yes, that dinky horn is not very imposing... haha... i was thinking of a cruise ship horn replacement..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Kicks Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page