How do you reset the audio in a kicks? - Nissan Kicks Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Nandosv

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

Angry How do you reset the audio in a kicks?

This morning I found that I can't turn the radio on in my brand new Kicks SR. Can't listen to radio. Can't listen to songs on my bluetooth connected iPhone.

I can make calls and receive calls from the Kicks using the iPhone connected either by BT or carplay but no audio. It will connect the call but I can't hear anything.

Pushing the radio On/Off switch does nothing - the display still says Audio Off.

Seems like the audio system is stuck in a weird mode. I see some youtube video on how to use a sequence of button pushes on an Altima to "reboot" the audio system but since the Kicks is such a new car nothing is yet available on the web.

Has anyone else come across this problem and knows how to give the audio system a kick in the butt to reset it? I think I can probably disconnect the car battery to force it to start from scratch again and hopefully that will fix the problem but I just wonder if anyone has figured out what sequence of actions will tell the audio system to reboot itself. Manufacturers always have built in a back door to reset onboard computers, even in refrigerators or dish washers. I once have a dish washer that was stuck in the middle of a wash cycle and following instructions in a youtube video I was able to reboot the computer and everything went back to normal and I've been using the same washer for almost 5 years since that incident. So I'm sure there is a way.

Any suggestions?
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-05-2018, 12:49 PM

You can try holding the power button the on the radio for +5 seconds and see if that does anything. That's the typical soft reboot setting on most new infotainment systems. Otherwise disconnecting the battery is probably the next step.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 05:20 PM

When I used to work in automotive shops one of the ways we got around issues like this was with removing the fuse or even disconnecting and connect the battery after a few minutes.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 04:16 PM

This exact same thing happened to me today. I reset the audio system by pressing the power button and the mode button at the same time for about 5 seconds. The screen then turned off and back on and reloaded. Everything is working well again 👌 I hope this helps other people with the same problem.
ontherun and kickinit like this.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 11:20 PM

Exact same thing happened to me today as well. Tried allot key combinations, will try power and mode keys at the same time tomorrow. Had to listen to an hour of the SiriusXM Preview Channel on the commute home, only thing that produced sound.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:58 PM

chiming in here as well ... same thing happened in my Kicks SR yesterday ... what is going on? I resolved my problem by pressing and holding the 2 knob/buttons (volume/power) and (tune/sound)down at the same time for about 5 seconds ... it went through a reset and back to normal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Kicks Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page