Nissan IMx Concept To Spawn a NA Model? - Nissan Kicks Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 58
Nissan IMx Concept To Spawn a NA Model?

Maybe a production model of their new IMx crossover concept that was on display at the Tokyo Motor Show will be available later on? The styling looks sharp and clean, something I would be interested in even when they inevitably tone it down for production. Or it could inspire the next Kicks model.

TwoFace is offline  
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 09:12 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 15
I will never understand why almost all concepts have these weird looking (and probably uncomfortable) seats, I just don't get it. It seems like carmakers are trying to make a spaceship out of their concept. I personally want to see something more realistic and not that futuristic.
NassiN is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-03-2017, 03:38 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by NassiN View Post
I will never understand why almost all concepts have these weird looking (and probably uncomfortable) seats, I just don't get it. It seems like carmakers are trying to make a spaceship out of their concept. I personally want to see something more realistic and not that futuristic.
There are many reasons for it and often we might not ever know. But what I have been noticing is a trend in them just designing seats to flow with the rest of the design and not really to benefit ergonomics.
ontherun is offline  
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-05-2017, 03:17 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 149
Bot really, seats are still designed for comfort even if they look a lot sportier than they ever have before. Can't go wrong with bolstered seats and ample cushioning.
Kicker is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-05-2017, 10:06 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 39
Here is a good article on it.

Nissan IMx Concept Will Reportedly Influence the Next-Gen Rogue Sport | Automobile Magazine

I think the Kicks is already up to date , but the Rogue Sport is already looking old in comparison and needs an update.
bicepeak is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-06-2017, 02:52 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicker View Post
Bot really, seats are still designed for comfort even if they look a lot sportier than they ever have before. Can't go wrong with bolstered seats and ample cushioning.

Maybe you right...

Honestly, you should sit inside the car to understand why those seats are in there
NassiN is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 58
With concepts, most of what you see won't make it into production models and very few features will trickle down to more affordable vehicles like the Kicks. What do you think we could see in the next gen model?
TwoFace is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 01:49 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoFace View Post
With concepts, most of what you see won't make it into production models and very few features will trickle down to more affordable vehicles like the Kicks. What do you think we could see in the next gen model?
Next gen could be a big leap into something more coupe like much like the concept previewed here. The Kicks is a nice CUV but slowly its losing its edge, car makers are making the switch to something more sporty and Nissan should be going that direction. Only thing that will slow this down are good kicks sales.
ontherun is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 10:21 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontherun View Post
Next gen could be a big leap into something more coupe like much like the concept previewed here. The Kicks is a nice CUV but slowly its losing its edge, car makers are making the switch to something more sporty and Nissan should be going that direction. Only thing that will slow this down are good kicks sales.
I don't like the "coupe" trend because it usually gives up utility for style. Revamp the Juke if a coupe is wanted and keep cars cargo capacity in the Kicks.
bicepeak is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-13-2017, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 58
The coupe trend does produce nice looking cars, but you end up sacrificing headroom to get that swoopy roofline. The Kick's lines are preferable to me though I wouldn't mind seeing more aggressive front styling. More angles and larger air intakes.

Whatever the imx spawns, let's hope it won't be limited to Europe and Asia only.
TwoFace is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Kicks Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nissan Kicks Interior KickBacks Exterior and Interior 31 04-09-2018 03:18 PM
Nissan Kicks Quick Overview KicksAdmin 2018+ Nissan Kicks News 1 07-17-2017 09:16 PM
Nissan Kicks India Launch KickBacks Nissan Kicks Price, Ordering and Purchasing 16 07-10-2017 11:52 AM
AutoExpress - Nissan Kicks KickBacks 2018+ Nissan Kicks Reviews 7 06-16-2017 12:32 PM
Nissan Kicks May Be USA Bound Nissan Kicks News 2018+ Nissan Kicks News 9 06-03-2017 06:10 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome