Nissan Kicks Forum banner

Kicks sole powertrain

7K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Flm09 
#1 ·
The Kicks is being offered with only one engine configuration and its a 1.6l inline 4 that produces 125hp and 115lb-ft or torque. These specs make it almost immediately apparent that this vehicle is being oriented as a commuter car, especially as its paired to a CVT. Though Nissans new Xtronic CVT has simulated shifts, so the car feels more natural to drive. It is looking to have class leading fuel economy with an EPA rating of 33/31/36 (combined/city/highway).

#5 ·
For the money and its technology this car is amazing. I owned a maxima so a real big difference in engines and power. But I got used to it. Want to give it a bit more kick ... turn off the road assistance to help push the engine and turn on Sport mode. makes a difference on the highways but it loses its gas efficiency if you do those tricks

#9 ·
Sounds like the Kicks was made for you. I assume those wanting more will go to a different segment because the needs here are more basic than that.
Utility is the name of the game, all while doing it for just under the $20k mark. Its why a friend of mine went for the Rogue Sport instead.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.