Kicks sole powertrain - Nissan Kicks Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rob Bright

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

Kicks sole powertrain

The Kicks is being offered with only one engine configuration and its a 1.6l inline 4 that produces 125hp and 115lb-ft or torque. These specs make it almost immediately apparent that this vehicle is being oriented as a commuter car, especially as its paired to a CVT. Though Nissans new Xtronic CVT has simulated shifts, so the car feels more natural to drive. It is looking to have class leading fuel economy with an EPA rating of 33/31/36 (combined/city/highway).
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 05:37 PM

They have no choice but to cater the Kicks to that market. Trying to be anything else and it will fail.
Definitely can't be a Jeep Renegade Rival. However down the road Kia can come out with a product for that sole purpose.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Down the line Nissan should considering offering a hybrid variant, as I feel the Kicks would benefit from some additional power on tap. Not to mention any further increases to its fuel economy would make it one of the most efficient compact crossovers we've seen.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-18-2018, 03:20 PM

problem is they don't have enough products for a broader hybrid strategy and not nearly as much money as some leading hybrid car makers right now.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-20-2018, 03:31 PM

For the money and its technology this car is amazing. I owned a maxima so a real big difference in engines and power. But I got used to it. Want to give it a bit more kick ... turn off the road assistance to help push the engine and turn on Sport mode. makes a difference on the highways but it loses its gas efficiency if you do those tricks
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-12-2018, 05:34 PM

Just purchased a Kicks and I like everything but the lack of power, does anybody think there will be turbo kits for sale anytime soon?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Really not sure how much aftermarket support the Kicks is going to get as that will be dependent on early sales numbers. For now you could consider an aftermarket exhaust and intake for a little more pep. Though I haven't seen any official kits for the Kicks yet.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-2018, 01:06 AM

I don't yet own a Kicks but plan to. Currently drive a Versa and at 57 yrs old I'm ok with no power. Just want a safe car with a good sound system.
ontherun likes this.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Bright View Post
I don't yet own a Kicks but plan to. Currently drive a Versa and at 57 yrs old I'm ok with no power. Just want a safe car with a good sound system.
Sounds like the Kicks was made for you. I assume those wanting more will go to a different segment because the needs here are more basic than that.
Utility is the name of the game, all while doing it for just under the $20k mark. Its why a friend of mine went for the Rogue Sport instead.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Bright View Post
It has a great sound system and would go for the Rockford fosgate add on subs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Kicks Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page