Nissan Kick e-Power - Nissan Kicks Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Nissan Kick e-Power

Just learned of this recently, but it looks like Nissan is evaluating the possibility of a Kicks e-Power for the India market and if it goes well, they may introduce it to the U.S. and Canada as well: https://indianautosblog.com/2018/02/...-brazil-299129

From what I can tell, it's a more efficient hybrid system?
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 06:09 PM

Its great for the fact it will put less stress the battery-inverter-motor. The more they an distribute the load across more components the more efficient and reliable of a vehicle we can expect.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-25-2018, 12:46 AM

If they're adding more components, would that not increase the Kick's overall weight and reduce fuel economy and performance? Though some may take the increase in reliability over the extra weight if they plan to own the Kicks long term and not lease it.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 05:01 PM

I like what I see with the high output motor, but I'm going to have to agree that the boosts to performance are going to be hindered by the increased weight. Imo seems like a gimmick and as it probably wont offer any serious improvement over the all electric model, at least not one that will be evident in daily driving.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 07:05 PM

The only issue with weigh will be off the line, once you can build enough momentum it will be easy enough. You can make up for that by being easy on the throttle from a stand still, just not so easy that you're impeding traffic.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2018, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

From what i can tell, the smaller power generator in the e-power system is turned by the gas engine, in turn charging the battery that move the larger motor. Not sure how much more efficient this is compared to the traditional hybrid model.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoFace View Post
From what i can tell, the smaller power generator in the e-power system is turned by the gas engine, in turn charging the battery that move the larger motor. Not sure how much more efficient this is compared to the traditional hybrid model.
Ultimately it will come down to real world testing with real owner so we can get a good collection of information and the numbers. I seen many times over that even with many test mules cars makers still don't get a good reading of what a product does. Often its once owners have them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Kicks Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page