Nissan Kicks Engine? - Page 3 - Nissan Kicks Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justforkicks View Post
I think its generally just poor acceleration off the line when it comes to CVT's. And most of these small crossover aren't packing very high output engines to start with. With 125hp and 115 pound-feet of torque, the Kick is one of least powerful new cars to be offered in NA.
Not only that but hard shifting once off the line can be a major setback when the rest of the vehicle feels premium enough. Fortunately in this segment people might not complain as much. Good thing Lexus made those refinements.
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-06-2018, 02:55 PM

Toyota has already created a solution to the acceleration lag that's present in traditional CVT's. From now on they will be including a launch gear in all new CVT transmissions, to provide better power off the line. Hopefully competitors look to make a similar change in their models.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicker View Post
Here's a look under what could be the hood of the new Nissan Kicks. Admittedly, I don't know what I'm looking at, so feel free to chime in.
I like the black engine cover, does nissan sell them. My new Kicks doesn't have one.
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 03:01 PM
eta

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooneypilot View Post
I like the black engine cover, does nissan sell them. My new Kicks doesn't have one.

I have seen aftermarket ones on eBay. I am sure it is just a matter of time before OEM or clone ones pop up all over the place.
The cover does make the engine compartment look cleaner. Other than for appearances, those plastic engine coverings just make engines run hotter. I prefer manufactures not waste money on them, specially on inexpensive cars. Without them, servicing would also be a lot easier.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Kicks Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page