Has anyone's front alert sensor gone off intermittently? - Nissan Kicks Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Has anyone's front alert sensor gone off intermittently?

I know that certain years of the Rogue and the first year of the Kicks (2018) may have had issues with the anti-collision sensor causing the vehicle to brake. In the two days I've had my 2019 Kicks now, I've notice that my front warning went off twice, once when a car passed me kinda close, which is understandable, but the other time was when the wind and rain was blowing strong towards the front of my car. Is the sensor that sensitive that it would give off false readings like that?
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 08:13 PM

mine did and does, dealer told me it was from snow before - happened today in WNY in 90 degrees so I think it's glitchy
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 10:40 PM

Gave up worrying about mine, always seems to come on after car been sat at work in full sunshine, but within 2 minutes of moving light goes out and works again.
Odd they said snow I have lots of snow and not once did it go off in snow, just don't seem to like heat.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

Mine has only done it twice since I owned it. Once when a car cut me off, and last one was during a windy but rainy day and the front was being pelted by rain. Hasn't done it since.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 04:40 PM

Mine did in a strong rain storm while on the interstate with lots of road spray. Even after stopping at a gas station and restarting the car, the warning went off but came back on . The next day, however, it was reset to normal and hasn't come on again. I haven't driving it in those conditions again yet, so i assume it was the crazy rain.

The manual says it doesn't work in all weather conditions and will alert you that it has been disabled if it cannot reliably detect the radar sensor readings.. so i think it's working correctly, in my case.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 07:34 PM

Mine comes on intermittently for no obvious reason. Goes back off in a minute or two. I havenít taken it back for service because of an issue with Nissan service.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 02:20 PM

Mine goes off alll the time! Especially now in the heat. No one could be in front of me and it glitches out on me. I am wondering if the happenstance I actually need it to function, will it? I took it to the dealer and they couldn't "recreate the issue" eventhough I showed them several video of it doing it...smh..
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 02:30 PM

There is definitely an issue here. Mine is actually in the shop (has been for a few days) because the warning comes on all the time for no reason. It also displays 2 different "Malfunction" warnings and pretty much all other alerts come on as well. This includes the traction control warning, ABS, low tire pressure, and collision detection. The only way to get them to turn off is to turn off the car. As you can see in my pic (sorry for the wonky angle), temperature might also be a contributing factor. Unfortunately, this is not something I can really avoid living in the desert.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190814_153558.jpg (122.9 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by phxrocker; 08-23-2019 at 02:36 PM.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 11:23 PM

My one went in today for service and look at the radar, and got new unit and bracket on order.
Think the heat does have something to do with it.
It's parked in front of a white metal clad building which reflects good amount of heat and nearly 90 % of the time when I move off from the building it's comes up is unavailable, 2 miles down road it's goes back to normal.
See how the new unit works out.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 09:53 PM

Yes, as soon as I bought it it started going off, the dealership replaced the bad sensor and it has been fine since.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Kicks Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page