Brazilian Base Model - Nissan Kicks Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-25-2017, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Brazilian Base Model

I think the base model presents itself really well. I prefer the cloth seats because they will lay flatter when folded for extra cargo. But no touch screen.

Also cruise control doesn't seem to be offered in any country and any level Kicks. Arm rest/ console is also not available at any price. ( I did see some good aftermarket armrests/ consoles so that takes care of that problem)
Maybe a US version will be equipped differently because I can't imagine Americans not having cruise control.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/818224...h/37049711865/
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-26-2017, 11:02 AM

It's lacking the large infotainment screen we're so used to seeing these days, but different markets have varying needs and the essentials are there. As for seats, it makes more sense to go with cloth because of the upkeep needed for leather. It's why I usually go with fake leather or cloth too.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-26-2017, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicker View Post
It's lacking the large infotainment screen we're so used to seeing these days, but different markets have varying needs and the essentials are there. As for seats, it makes more sense to go with cloth because of the upkeep needed for leather. It's why I usually go with fake leather or cloth too.
Yes, I hope they put the large screen in all levels if it comes to the US. It is pretty common to make design changes on established models before coming here.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-26-2017, 06:53 PM

If not then maybe there will be some way we can delegate some of what's needed to an iPad or some smart device. With how much we are on our phones, its the next best step for car makers to go through.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-01-2017, 08:47 AM

well that's for the Africa spec models, I assume the screen will be available elsewhere unless the market calls for a bare bones model. But it does bring to mind what differences each country gets.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-03-2017, 10:49 AM

Good point but even with car makers offering similar models I have seen headunits just like this offered. One good example is Ford, if you buy a base Focus you can expect something similar. Its just how the industry works right now along with this segment being in that middle ground of what can or can't include a real infotainment system
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-03-2017, 10:59 AM

It may be a while yet before infotainment screens becomes the global standard, especially if a certain market's rival models are priced very low because of the missing features. Better to compete with similarly priced models than charging more and providing more features.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-03-2017, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoFace View Post
It may be a while yet before infotainment screens becomes the global standard, especially if a certain market's rival models are priced very low because of the missing features. Better to compete with similarly priced models than charging more and providing more features.
Even more of a problem is the missing cruise control on ANY Kicks model in ANY country in which it is now being sold. That is a must in the US now and could really affect sales if not offered here.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-03-2017, 02:12 PM

To be honest I can see myself doing without it if the rest of the Kicks checks out but so far I have may other options. The Toyota CH-R being one of them and a great rival I must admit. Also planning to wait on reviews.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 11:18 AM

I've done without before, but it's hard to go back to old technology after experiencing what the automotive world has to offer. The C-HR is an option, or the Rouge and there's a few others with how popular crossovers/SUVs are getting.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Kicks Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page