first new car - Nissan Kicks Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

first new car

new to the forum and new to car ownership

living in the city for a large portion of my life i never needed a car of my own and have been depending on public transit, taxi's and rentals to get me around. now I want my own personal space especially since I'm getting into more activities, MMA being one of them

so far it seems like the Kicks will suit someone like myself with an active lifestyle
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 12:23 PM

Welcome to the forum! Having your own vehicle is definitely handy and you can just leave your MMA equipment in the trunk so you're not constantly lugging things around to and from the Taxi.

I'm guilty of turning my cargo space into second closets. What else have you looked at?
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-16-2017, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoFace View Post
Welcome to the forum! Having your own vehicle is definitely handy and you can just leave your MMA equipment in the trunk so you're not constantly lugging things around to and from the Taxi.

I'm guilty of turning my cargo space into second closets. What else have you looked at?
Toyota CH-R was one option and i'll still consider it but coming from a history of Nissans and trusting Nissan, I will have to find reasons against it before I go Toyota. How about you?
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 11:50 PM

I heard the C-HR was dreadfully under-powered for it's body weight and was no fun to drive. One thing it does have is nice styling.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 12:55 PM

Well they did make it as a city car so that being the case it probably won't impact sales at all and most people buying these won't notice.
Just think about who the average buyer is, their needs are rather simple.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 10:56 AM

I suppose, though I have driven under-powered cars on the freeway and it's depressing to try and pass traffic with a loaded trunk. Flooring the pedal did nothing... But if you never go on the freeway then it's fine, but not something I'd want to live with. The kicks should be better than the C-HR.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicker View Post
I suppose, though I have driven under-powered cars on the freeway and it's depressing to try and pass traffic with a loaded trunk. Flooring the pedal did nothing... But if you never go on the freeway then it's fine, but not something I'd want to live with. The kicks should be better than the C-HR.
I know what you mean but you can make some adjustments with them like gearing down so you can get into a higher RPM range. Its what I used to do with some of my old 4 bangers and never had an issue after that. Actually I was often the fastest guy to merge off an on-ramp.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 11:01 AM

But you can't really gear down with an automatic transmission.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicker View Post
But you can't really gear down with an automatic transmission.
You can its just not exactly like a manual but point is you do have some control over what the gears do if that's what you want out of the system. People have been doing it for years for various reasons: weather, engine braking, etc.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-31-2017, 11:08 AM

You can kick down to a lower gear in an automatic transmission when you accelerate from a constant speed. Back in the day, before the complicated computer control systems, most auto transmissions will kick down only if the accelerator was pressed all the way to the floor. These days that's not necessary.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Kicks Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page