Anytime Soon? - Nissan Kicks Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

Anytime Soon?

The Nissan Kicks is quite appealing to me, but it doesn't seem like Nissan will be offering it to the NA market anytime soon, or will they? Has anyone heard anything new from them?

If not the kicks, I may go for the Rouge instead, but it's a bit bigger than what I need.
post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 03:44 PM

There seems to be a chance since Nissan Canada said they don't know if it will or won't. My guess is they might be waiting on the Rogue to show slow sales or its generation to end. Second generation only started in 2013 so we have some years to go.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-15-2017, 02:36 PM

Welcome to the boards. Best thing to do would probably be to lease the Rogue for now and then wait until, or wait and see if the Kicks comes over.
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-17-2017, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickBacks View Post
Welcome to the boards. Best thing to do would probably be to lease the Rogue for now and then wait until, or wait and see if the Kicks comes over.
Agree.

Rogue in its last years will make for a great vehicle since by now they probably worked out a lot of bugs and issues, although even that could be up for debate. Just don't leave us for Mazda
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-18-2017, 10:52 AM

To add, the new Rogue also looks pretty darn sweet with that updated front end. Not too sure about what issues they had though.. was there anything common that was of large concern??

post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-18-2017, 12:33 PM

the last one I can think of was one for the 2017 Nissan Rouge last year, it was because the airbag may not deploy in case of a crash. But that should be fixed by now.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-18-2017, 01:03 PM

Airbag issues have definitely been circulating, especially with the Takata airbags but I'm not too sure if the Rogue was using that as the issue was more of shrapnel being flung at you opposed to not deploying.

But with issues like that being a huge safety concern, I'm sure those are addressed by now as they don't take things like that lightly by far.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 12:40 PM

If Nissan ever decides to bring the Kicks to NA, they should be able to built them in a short amount of time. Nissan has recently invested $192 million into their Resende Industrial Complex in Brazil to meet Kicks demands. Once that market slows down, maybe they'll ship some NA's way.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Well, the 2017 Frankfurt Motor Show is approaching (September 14-24) and it's the world's largest motor show. If Nissan is going to make an announcement, then it should be there.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 04:45 PM

The Detroit Show is another major event for launching North American products and even global products, wouldn't be surprised if they have us wait till then. Unless Nissan is planning to hold some event away from the major industry shows. Won't be the first time a car maker has done that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Kicks Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page