Lease, Finance or Cash? - Nissan Kicks Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Lease, Finance or Cash?

Just wondering what route everyone is deciding on and why? I'll probably lease or buy the Nissan kicks depending on how it drives and if I can live with it for years to come (cash) or if I'll want to switch cars a few years down the road (lease).
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 02:06 PM

I'm probably going to go the leasing route, with how rapidly everything is advancing these days, I'm not going to want to keep it for really long and I don't drive around a lot. I can see myself wanting change after 2 years.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-22-2017, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

Leasing is a good option if you're one for new technology, especially with the recent years and the race towards autonomous driving. I'm actually fine without all the new toys so long as the vehicle drives well, though with how much replacing electronic parts are these days, I may not want to keep something past the warranty date.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-23-2017, 03:29 PM

So I presume leasing would be the option for you as well? I notice now ah days, leasing is much more popular among consumers where as before it was "frowned" upon.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 05:17 PM

Well with the economy in the western world getting worse, leasing has become a growing option for a lot of people since the main attraction is how cheap it is to lease compared to buying. Even if its just saving a little, a little goes a long way.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 11:48 AM

A little does definitely go a long way and especially with something this lower end on the market in terms of price. The little bits of money you can save turns out to be a good amount in terms of the overall dollar value we're spending on. For examples sake, saving 50$ on something that costs you 250$ a month is much better than saving 100$ on something that costs you $1200 a month
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 12:05 PM

I hate not owning something and making payments, so cash upfront is how I usually like to go about things like this. Plus I'm one for driving cars until they break down on me so that's years down the line. Perhaps extended warranty can be added as part of the purchase package, so long as they give me a good deal.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 03:43 PM

In your scenario, then owning is definitely the smarter option. Especially if you plan to keep it that long until it breaks down because at that point, resale value is irrelevant to you as you won't be...well.. re-selling it. Extended warranty could be of great use to you, but if nothing breaks than it'll suck. But it's always better to be prepared and ready rather than get caught without it.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017, 12:17 PM

Re-sale values hold no meaning to me with the way I keep my cars and warranty seems like a necessity these days. If not for mechanical reasons then for electrical, because those infotainment modules are not cheap to replace or fix out of warranty.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-31-2017, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

That's one reason why I'm looking towards leasing the vehicle, just to know that I won't have to deal with any problems a vehicle may have when it starts aging. Another point, with how fast vehicle technology is advancing there's bound to be quite a few upgrades made to cars by the end of a lease.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Kicks Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page