Kia Stonic Twin? - Nissan Kicks Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

Kia Stonic Twin?

Recently photos of the Kia Stonic have been buzzing around and I find it kinda weird that it wears almost the exact same color scheme as the Nissan Kicks.

I could just be over thinking this but I'm trying to figure out why exactly..?

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 04:45 PM

Don't know why this would happen and doubt anyone here would know, but I don't care. Often I don't see people moving from Nissan to Kia, maybe the other way around but thats what it comes down to. Buying the Nissan Kick's, i'd probably avoid getting that color combination or anything Kia also has.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-22-2017, 12:01 PM

Doesn't really matter all that much in the grand scheme of thing so long as the overall design is different. And there are around 20 color combinations fro the Stonic from what I hear, so meeting your paint twin won't be all that common.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-22-2017, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Circling back to this, I've recently seen another vehicle that I'm trying to find a photo of that was actually using this same color scheme as well. Can't find the significance of it all but you're right, it doesn't matter.

If they're offering that grey with a black roof option, I'd definitely opt for that.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-24-2017, 06:31 PM

A Black roof would pair well with most body paints and looks timeless, or at least last for a few years longer than an orange roof. I'd actually like to see a blue body matched with a white roof and see how that pairs. I've seen a similar color combination on a more rust off-roader and it looked quite nice.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-26-2017, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

The blue and white is definitely a classic combination that Mini used to use quite often and I think they still do. I remember seeing another CUV that was following the same color scheme, can't remember it right now though.

Personally though, I'm not fond of it. I looks odd to me but to each their own!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-26-2017, 06:09 PM

It will be wise to keep the roof in white since it will keep your vehicle cooler and scratches won't show up nearly as easy. I want to say light colors but white has typically been the only light option. I fear how much that orange will fade with all the sun exposure i'll have.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-27-2017, 11:46 AM

It could come down to the roof shape too. I find floating roofs like the one the Nissan Kicks has looks better in white than those that continues the paint down the D pillars.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-27-2017, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

Heat and scratches aren't really too much of a concern at all. For one, you have A/C and windows if things get a little warm. As for scratches, I don't think I've ever really seen a roof get scratched by anything other than swirl marks from washing.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 11:52 AM

Scratches aren't really a concern, after a while there's bound to be a few on a daily driver like the Kicks so it's not a determining factor for the paint color. Heck knows how many dings and scratches my current car has, but I just don't care at this point.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Kicks Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page