Competition for the Nissan Kick - Nissan Kicks Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kicker

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 09:05 AM Thread Starter

Competition for the Nissan Kick

The Nissan Kick will be entering the global market and has some real tough competition going up against it. This segment is filled with some really good options and a couple new entrants along with it.

-Toyota C-HR
-Honda HR-V
-Jeep Renegade
-Mazda CX-3
-Nissan Juke
-Kia Soul
-Ford Ecosport

The segment price range varies but generally around the $20k can get you into one of these. Think the Nissan Kick can survive this shark tank?
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 11:37 AM

Based on performance, I think the Mazda CX-3 and Honda HR-V will be its main rivals. I have looked into the Toyota C-HR but reviews about it have been mixed and the other models just do not appeal to me aesthetically.

Doubt people who are interested in the Renegade will switch to another brand just because of Jeep loyalty and off-road drive-ability.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-28-2017, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

The C-HR is something Toyota has known will be either a love or hate for the consumers and me personally, I'm on the hate side of it. It just seems very over the top and sort of juvenile in my opinion. The horrendous blind spot by the C-pillar where they have a seriously high rear door handle was a strike off and a big mistake in my opinion. Yea it looks really modern, but it was just a compromise for me.

Renegade lovers I do agree though, Jeep has a great loyal client base and those who enter that realm rarely ever get out of it.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 11:37 AM

What are your thoughts on the other ones? I'd be interested in the Ford Ecosport if they didn't make it seem so juvenile in terms of marketing and what they prioritize. Seems more vested in the tech side with fancy touch screens and whatnot, compared to other cars with better performance.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2017, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

Kia Soul... dear I just want to burn them all on fire because I absolutely despise the designs of them exterior wise. Especially after seeing the hamster commercials or whatever those animals are, I seriously cannot take them seriously at all.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2017, 12:01 PM

I say in one before and the cabin is smaller than what the exterior would lead you to believe. I'll never understand the Soul; its odd design, horrible aerodynamics, and general lack of soul IMO.
KickBacks likes this.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

That being said, the exterior doesn't really lead you to believe they're that big either way haha.

So in terms of all of these competitors, on a list, how would you rank them as 1 being most appealing to you and the latter numbers being least?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicker View Post
I say in one before and the cabin is smaller than what the exterior would lead you to believe. I'll never understand the Soul; its odd design, horrible aerodynamics, and general lack of soul IMO.
Not that hard to understand, essentially its a CUV, one of the first that came to market in North America.
If you look overseas you will see a lot of similar vehicles around, here in the west now we're seeing a big boom of it. Except now these take on a much more sporty styling... hence why the Kicks, CH-R and CX-3 look the way they do.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-2017, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

The Hyundai Kona is another one to look out for and I'm actually getting quite interested in it. Does have an aggressive look to it but there's not really much out so far.

Has anyone checked it out or knows of any other vehicles that are upcoming that haven't made the list?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 11:55 AM

Maybe the Hyundai Creta? But I think that one is a regional model, we've pretty much listed all the global rival models for the Nissan Kicks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Kicks Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page