What cars have you owned? - Nissan Kicks Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

What cars have you owned?

Just want to get a general idea of what people are coming from (vehicle history wise)

Also, mention if you'll be adding the Nissan Kicks to your garage or you'll be replacing your current vehicle with it.

Currently I'm in a 98' Civic so this is definitely going to be really new to me. I will be replacing the Civic for the new Kicks as I don't have the space for two vehicles and I need a larger vehicle to haul more things more comfortably and it just looks so much nicer.
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 11:16 AM

I've had a Ford years ago and there were so many problems with the car, it just turned me away from native brands and toward the Asian ones with their touted reliability. Then it was Lexus, Toyota, and now a 2016 Honda Civic.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

Are you looking at replacing the Civic or just adding to the stable of vehicles?
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-30-2017, 11:33 AM

Most likely replace once the lease is up and Honda's quality isn't what it used to be, especially with the new Civic. Nissan's reliability seems to be on the rise these days.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-30-2017, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

I've heard nothing but complaints and terrible reviews since the 2016 Civic came out and that really threw me off as I've never really seen much "negative" on any other generation of Civic. Have you had to deal with any of the issues that have been arising?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-30-2017, 07:38 PM

You guys should look into Mazda then.

Mazda makes a solid product in that segment and its no surprise that more Mazda3's are on the road than Civic's. That's what I see on a day-to-day basis.

So if you want a proven, worry-free route, go Mazda.

Have you seen the new CX-3?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-31-2017, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

The only Mazda I would consider would be the new MX-5 RF but it's obviously not as practical at all and in a completely different segment. Other than that, I just don't like Mazda. Never have, had a lot of friends with them before and they were just terrible quality. Perhaps they've stepped their game up now, but it's just really not on my radar.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2017, 05:11 PM

But I heard Mazda had a rusting problem with some of their cars and a lot of people were bringing in their cars to garages because they can legitimately see through the floor
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

Definitely, on a few models up until like 2010 or something. I don't think I've seen anything after that. That being said, I haven't been in that part of the industry for a long time so it could be happening, may not be. Have you seen anything as of recent?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Kicks Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page